NEW Ford Explorer ST.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I think that auto start/stop is fucked up. It has to be turned off every time we start the vehicle.

Can it be permanently turned off with a tune?
on my f150 there is a plug by the brake pedal that you unplug and it makes it never turn on again, but you have to plug that back in if you pull a trailer or your trailer lights wont work

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Womp womp

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
That’s disappointing. The previous Explorer was behind the competition in IIHS crashworthiness testing and you’d think with an all-new platform that they’d do better. Edge and Escape do well in these tests.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I can't remember what car magazine that I was reading, but they complained about the poor quality interior. I guess they noted wires in plain sight, low quality plastics, and built for a price point lower than the asking price.

Ford seems to have a lot of issues with this product launch.

They had to ship batches to Detroit to get fixed after leaving Chicago in bad shape.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I can't remember what car magazine that I was reading, but they complained about the poor quality interior. I guess they noted wires in plain sight, low quality plastics, and built for a price point lower than the asking price.

Ford seems to have a lot of issues with this product launch.

Having sat in a top trim Platinum model for close to an hour I'd have to agree on this one. Maybe in XLT trim the interior is easier to swallow, but even at that level it's really pretty disappointing.

Haven't been in an Aviator yet. My local dealer has sold every one of those before they hit the lot.

Probably 20-30 Exploders (not ST) on the lot so I bet you can get a decent deal on one.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Sat in an Aviator Reserve for a while this morning. It's a large step up in quality and feel in the interior from the Exploder. The base model seems to have everything we'd need and comes with the 3.0tt/10A as standard. This is a lot better buy than the Exploder Platinum.

Well definitely look closer at this one next year when we trade the Fusion.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Sat in an Aviator Reserve for a while this morning. It's a large step up in quality and feel in the interior from the Exploder. The base model seems to have everything we'd need and comes with the 3.0tt/10A as standard. This is a lot better buy than the Exploder Platinum.

Well definitely look closer at this one next year when we trade the Fusion.

The Aviators look REAL good...Let's see how they depreciate in a year or two, before I decide.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Saw this today on the road. First one I’ve seen in the wild. It was so sexy. The color was excellent.

F436D502-29C3-4371-A2D7-8183C700ABEB.jpeg

Reactions: Smokinhot
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info