🔧 BUILD New family ride | 2022 Acura MDX Type S

General Information

Welp. Here we are. 2022 Acura MDX type s with 9000 miles on the clock. Traded in the Tahoe and the accord will be for sale soon. The turbo engine, sh-awd and the air suspension is a blast to drive in the curves because it just feels like a car. Also, it’s a CPO Acura so it has a 100,000 mile warranty.
IMG_1783.jpeg
IMG_1782.jpeg
IMG_1784.jpeg

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Waiting on a quote from a plastic fabricator. I met with him about making some acrylic panels that I back backlight with leds. Also, I have just started making speaker pods for my A pillars. First coat so they are ugly at the moment but will post pics later

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Waiting on a quote from a plastic fabricator. I met with him about making some acrylic panels that I back backlight with leds. Also, I have just started making speaker pods for my A pillars. First coat so they are ugly at the moment but will post pics later
Send cut send can laser cut acrylic if you give them a drawing.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I did a draggy run today. Very minimal mods that include a JB4 tuner that adds 3.5 pounds of boost and some after market charge pipes. This thing would be a monster if someone out release a real tuner and Intercooler! View attachment 195793

she's scootin' even with a mehhhh 60'

is it annoying to launch? getting sub 2.0 in my blue truck was hard.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009

I use Chicago water jet over in Elk Grove. I have them do misc projects, from turbo kit flanges, to dyno plate, and always been super fair on price. I do however, make my file, so all they have to do is load it and cut.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I have been building my A pillars for 3.5 inch mid range speakers. My friend 3D printed the speaker ring and then I glued them in with 3M panel bond. I’m currently finishing them with some filler and primer. I’m not sure if I’m gonna send them out to get wrapped or paint them.
IMG_2628.jpeg
IMG_2637.jpeg

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
This is shaping up to be pretty bad ass!

Cant you work acrylic with normal wood working tools? Saw, router, etc.? I know laser cutting will leave a polished edge, but you can always flame polish after.
Yes you can! Rough cut with a jig saw and then sand the edge smooth. Even router the edge if you want an angle

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
she's scootin' even with a mehhhh 60'

is it annoying to launch? getting sub 2.0 in my blue truck was hard.
Yeah it is. I feel like the factory tune holds back a lot of power on launch and the shifts to save the trans and diffs. If you notice in the middle of my run you can se where I hit boost cut on a shift. The JB4 is a band aid because the computer has not been unlocked by anyone yet.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
The stereo thing has been super slow going but I work on it when I can. This panel still needs to be wrapped but it was my first time using plexiglass and led edge lights. I’m happy with how it turned out so far! It’s RGB led strip and the controller can make it do all kinds of crazy stuff. Any way to upload a video? It says the file was to large
IMG_2751.png
IMG_2753.png

Thread Info