🔧 BUILD New family ride | 2022 Acura MDX Type S

General Information

Welp. Here we are. 2022 Acura MDX type s with 9000 miles on the clock. Traded in the Tahoe and the accord will be for sale soon. The turbo engine, sh-awd and the air suspension is a blast to drive in the curves because it just feels like a car. Also, it’s a CPO Acura so it has a 100,000 mile warranty.
IMG_1783.jpeg
IMG_1782.jpeg
IMG_1784.jpeg

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Since I’m basically the worst at updating my own threads and it’s been a little over 5 months of ownership I guess it’s time for an update. This was a CPO car and after my first hand was I noticed that three of the wheels had been repaired by a parking lot bozo. Super long story but after bitching about it and the service advisor telling me that they hired some dumb ass to fix curbed wheels I got Acura to pay to refinish all 4 wheels at Chicago wheel the correct way. I had them address a couple other problems while the car was there for service. I was also disappointed that who ever owned the car before me must have had a pass at the automatic car wash because the paint was full of scratches. Some buffing took care of most of that and then I ceramic coated.

I changed the chrome emblems to black Type S emblem and “A” emblem on lift gate
Took apart the center caps and painted the “A” logo to black.
Installed black accessory roof rails
PRL charge pipes and intake.

Planning and brainstorming stereo install. This is gonna be way harder then the accord ever was because I can’t change out the radio. Also, no one makes an interface for the Acura MOST 150 system. I have emailed every company that makes these kits for the German cars and they told me to fuck off.

I wish K tuner or Hondata would come out with a tune for these. So much potential to be unlocked. The TLX guys have the same engine and transmission running 12.6 with just a base tune. Nothing crazy.

Lowering links are in the future because of air suspension I can adjust it to where ever I like.

Turbo back exhaust would be sweet but the price is very salty. Looking at $3500 and only one reputable company makes it.

These pics were a couple months ago after ceramic coat. I wanted to good pictures other then my driveway but that never happened.
IMG_2059.jpeg
IMG_2060.jpeg
IMG_2061.jpeg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Dirty bitch hasn’t been washed in a couple weeks. Just a pic to show the roof rails. What do you guys think about getting the textured moldings painted body color? View attachment 187772

YES! I think you may or may not know someome that can paint LOL! It would make a massive difference. I bet most people wouldnt believe it until after its done tho.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo and smug

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Does Acura offer them painted ?
I would be concerned about the texture, even if they are sanded.
but you would know better than any of us.

I think it looks good the way it is. Sometimes too much of a louder color is not better.
I feel you. They do offer a gloss black on the type s advance pack

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
So I just had the front bumper and hood wrapped with Xpel PPF by Auto Innovations and they did an excellent job. It has a ten year warranty against yellowing ect. I’d love to post a pic to show it off because I’m happy about it but you can’t see it! I have a whole bunch of stuff to install but don’t have the time. Full stereo system, turbo up pipes, down pipe, new rotors, welcome lights, lowering links, and I think that’s it for now.

Thread Info