New build V.vrooooom psssssshhhhhhhhh

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Small update. I purchased most of the E85 stuff outside of injectors. Slow progress right now until I pull the old motor and start assembling the 5.3. I need to free up the cash from selling some parts. Next purchases include ID 1000's, LS6 intake and a Speed Inc. TU cam.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Small update. I purchased most of the E85 stuff outside of injectors. Slow progress right now until I pull the old motor and start assembling the 5.3. I need to free up the cash from selling some parts. Next purchases include ID 1000's, LS6 intake and a Speed Inc. TU cam.

I have a contact of a guy who works for Injector Dynamics. I bought ID1000's from him and I want to say brand new with flow chart around $600. PM me if you would like his number.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Couple pretty small updates.

Picked up a Speed Inc. TU1.5 cam for the 5.3
Decided to go with a squash dual pump intake set up instead of sumping the tank and running an additional inline pump.
Found my old Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator from my turd gen build. (Score)

I'm hoping to pull the engine and trans in the next few weeks. I can start assembling the 5.3 at that point and selling off the last of the parts I won't need should fund the fuel system and intake. Update pics will start rolling in at that point.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
More stuff. Got a good deal on a complete LS6 intake. I can sell the injectors and rail to recoup some money. Also came across a Quick Performance 9” housing with Moser axles for a deal that was too good to pass up. That being said the car will most likely be down all year and will come out next spring completely done. I don’t want to waste money on a drive shaft twice and won’t want to put the stock shocks and sway bar on the 9”.

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

Also this is relevant to my interests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3q26LtK9LI

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
If you're looking for a nicely built th400 that can handle power, let me know. I just pulled the th400 out of my 67 chevelle and its going up for sale when i feel like putting in the effort to create a for sale thread. RMVB with a brake, built by Andy Vogt.

Thanks man, let me know. I'll be looking in the next couple months. I need to built car funds back up.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So I bought Jason's TH400 and a used set of ID1050's. Coming a long. The car is back home and I have to start disassembling the engine and pulling it out. After that progress should start moving faster.

So far I have the major pieces. Motor, turbo kit, trans and rear end housing. Now comes all the supporting mod stuff.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Been buying boring stuff lately like motor mounts, gaskets and cross member. Just ordered a converter and flex plate from PTC. Hopefully the motor, trans and turbo kit will be on before the winer hits. Next on the list is a Chris1313 dual fuel pump set up.

Thread Info