New 2015 Fiesta ST - Thanks John "The Beast" @ AP Ford

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
Stage 1 worth it? You feel any difference? I was looking at stage III but damn almost 3k....

You feel a noticeable difference. The largest reason is because out of the factory, Ford limits boost and torque in gears one and two to help prevent wheelspin. The Cobb tune removes that, allowing you to hit full boost in first and second. If it is dry and warm you can put the power down, but if its wet, it is spin city.

Luckily for you, if you are looking to go stage 3, there are a lot of brand choices for parts now so you're not forced to go with high priced brands such as Cobb and Mountune.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
You feel a noticeable difference. The largest reason is because out of the factory, Ford limits boost and torque in gears one and two to help prevent wheelspin. The Cobb tune removes that, allowing you to hit full boost in first and second. If it is dry and warm you can put the power down, but if its wet, it is spin city.

Luckily for you, if you are looking to go stage 3, there are a lot of brand choices for parts now so you're not forced to go with high priced brands such as Cobb and Mountune.

Shoot me in the right direction. I have only found cobb and mountune

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
Shoot me in the right direction. I have only found cobb and mountune

Join up FiestaSTforum.com, one of the most informative places out there. They've got sticky threads with all the performance parts you'd ever imagine. Everything from intercoolers, downpipes, intakes, and catbacks.

The FiST can also benefit a lot from a rear motor mount [RMM]. Boomba Racing and CPE are the two most popular in that regards.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
So have not updated this thread in a while. But I have installed the following things to make my FIST more enjoyable :ford:

- Cobb Lowering Springs
- Cobb FMIC
- Boomba Racing motor mount
- High flow air filter
- Cobb Stage II tune.
- 20% Tints @ChicagoAutoPro

Maybe next Ill put a nicer sounding exhaust. Hrmmmm...

aDunsFn.jpg

Thread Info