Need advice: sell my 3 Terminators for a new Mustang

dom418

Regular
Dec 2, 2008
I’m sure you love your 3 termis and I’m betting u paid up for them being the top 3 colors so why not keep them they will only go up in value. Buying a 2018 used gt will depreciate fast since they built so many or you can wait a 2-3 years and buy one in the low 20-25k. If you can afford not 1 but 3 terminators I’m sure a 18-19-used mustang is an easy buy for you just don’t make a quick decision and regret it later. On tcg there are a lot of terminator haters but in reality you will not lose money with the right colors and low miles they are getting very rare due to people wrecking them and driving the shit out of them. Good luck to you

Great advice thanks. I do love them and I know they are appreciating because I pay a lot more for them now than even 5 years ago. I’ve owned 6 over the years and always sold them on a quick decision and regretted it later.

I could swing keeping the Cobras and the GT but I sometimes think about making my life easier and just having 1 sports car to drive that isn’t collectible. I’m paying for 3 policies, 2 storage units etc

I have time to think about it as the order banks for the 2019s are open to April or May. Whether I sell them today or next year I still think I can get $35k

Domenick

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I'd keep the 3 terminators and buy a mustang gt. Look at it like this

Scenario 1: keep the termis and buy mustang for 40k
in 5 years the value of the termis combined could go from 105k to 135k (10k appreciation)
The mustang would go from 40k to 25k
Net would be say 120k in assets

Scenario 2: sell 1 termi and buy mustang for 40k
in 5 years the value of the termis combined could go from 70k to 90k
Net would be say 75k in assets

I'd do scenario 1 if you believe the termi's are going to appreciate over time. You're going to take a hit on buying a new mustang so if it's not a stretch to keep the 3 termi's and buy the new mustang then you'll probably be better off in the long run.

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park

in 5 years the value of the termis combined could go from 105k to 135k (10k appreciation)

I'd do scenario 1 if you believe the termi's are going to appreciate over time. You're going to take a hit on buying a new mustang so if it's not a stretch to keep the 3 termi's and buy the new mustang then you'll probably be better off in the long run.

After accounting for debt/cash to purchase the mustang you're looking at nets of $80k for scenario 1, and $70k for scenario 2

I vote for selling all 3 and a liver, and buying a Ford gt

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Unless you’re done owning collector cars/ not looking to make an investment then I wouldn’t sell any of the terminators. Pick the least-valuable and drive it. Unless you’re done with the collector thing, and then buy the PP2 and drive the shit out of it. A PP2 will out-drive the cobra in every way. But is going to depreciate like a rock. It’s a fantastic car, and I’ve spent plenty of track and street miles in one, but it’s just a Mustang GT with fancy bits. Not a collector’s item, nor likely will ever be.

dom418

Regular
Dec 2, 2008

Excellent point. Thank you

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
After accounting for debt/cash to purchase the mustang you're looking at nets of $80k for scenario 1, and $70k for scenario 2

I vote for selling all 3 and a liver, and buying a Ford gt

I was looking at it including the depreciated value of the new mustang in 5 years........but I support selling the liver and 3 termis for a ford gt. :jg:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Or keep the Termis and get a 2 yrs old GT350 w/ very low miles that will hold value better than a heavily depreciating Mustang GT

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I would keep the orange or sonic this coming from a person who watches the market on termis since I own one and have had a few. I had a mystic 04 and let me tell you guys it’s not for everyone and the interior is ugly with the mystic on the inside. The 04 orange has a black suede interior which people love and sonic is also another rare color.

Silver
Black
Gray
Red
Dark red
Yellow
Are the least desired colors

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
You like cars so why keep 3 of them and not used them at all.I'd sell 2 of them for sure and buy something you can drive and enjoy . You have 3 cars that you're paying for but have pretty much 0 enjoyment out of them . let's say they go up in value on average $1K a year . if you decide to keep them for few more years , you seriously aren't making any money on them . Storage , insurance , maintenance , money inflation , your wasted time and hopefully you don't have any loans on them . These things above will eat up your earnings easy

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
If you’re storing a car at home, the expenses are negligible.

I pay roughly $350/6 months for the Mustang's insurance. I'm paying less for limited miles. It would cost me $2.1k/year for just insurance, not including another $300+ for tags, if I had three of them.

It seems like he drives all of them, so they would need insurance/tags. I'm sure as these are older cars, the insurance may not be as expensive as insuring a newer 2015+ car.

dom418

Regular
Dec 2, 2008
I pay roughly $350/6 months for the Mustang's insurance. I'm paying less for limited miles. It would cost me $2.1k/year for just insurance, not including another $300+ for tags, if I had three of them.

It seems like he drives all of them, so they would need insurance/tags. I'm sure as these are older cars, the insurance may not be as expensive as insuring a newer 2015+ car.

I have collector policies on them with an agreed replacement value of $32,000. I pay $1000 a year per car so $3000 a year. Plus tags

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info