• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My rear end is leaking

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
ShelbyGuy said:
hardest part of this job for me is always the driveshaft bolts. ive bent more wrenches trying to get those loose than any other part on a mustang i swear..

Ive also had the same problems untill i took off some many mustang driveshaft's i finally got smart. Go to the local snap on man and pick up a 3/8 drive 13mm 12pt wobble impact socket. I slap that puppy on my 3/8 impact and i got the drive shaft out in under a min. and you can finally torque the damn thing too! greatest thing since sliced bread!

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Stangfreak91 said:
Does anyone know if there is a stonger diff cover made in the aftermarket world?

I just noticed two rear end leaks on the left side. Car has 6700 miles and stock tires.

Randy, I think Doug from Billetflow makes a rear end cover, if i'm not mistaken. I know it's a TON of money(somewhere around 1g because of all the work that goes into machining it), but will probably never warp or crack.

I would rather just tighten, reseal or replace the stocker every once in a while. It's just the price you pay!!!

Edit**** I think it was just in prototype phase and never made it into production.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Randy, I think Doug from Billetflow makes a rear end cover, if i'm not mistaken. I know it's a TON of money(somewhere around 1g because of all the work that goes into machining it), but will probably never warp or crack.

I would rather just tighten, reseal or replace the stocker every once in a while. It's just the price you pay!!!

Edit**** I think it was just in prototype phase and never made it into production.

Thanks Andy! I'm hearing that ford has just come out with a "re-tooled" diff cover for the 03-04. My car is under warranty until 07/07 so I'm thinking I'll just take it in.

1BADSNAKE

BAR-NONE
Jun 26, 2006
"i Dont Drag Race The Car".......liar! Jk Do you take your car to like an autocross or maybe u turn corners going like 45 or 50 or more. Usually this will cause rear end to flex or girdle to burst from your IRS so i would recommend a IRS brace after u reseal it.TIGHTEN EVERYTHING UP U PUSSY! :joke:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info