my dyno day full of fail

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Nice numbers. Any plans for a track date soon?

not soon but at some point this year it will make it to the track, it still needs new springs and struts and a front and rear alignment, and a set of slicks before it can go to the track, its honestly just a fun car to drive back and forth to work for me but i did promise phatride that he could get some numbers with it at the track so it will go at least once

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I just had heard not the greatest things in the past... Granted that is most likely the typical retarded cgp bullshit but I just wasn't sure

Like Steve who brought His ZZP tune'd 2.8 setup to Lukes.... Fuel cut off was set for 5800 rpm, Shifts were set at 6150 rpm. He was getting 8*+ of KR when the fuel cut off started. That one setting could have easily lead to chipped pistons or worse. I like ZZP and most of their products, but after seeing that blatant of an oversight, I would have trouble trusting them to tune.

On a positive note, my Canned ZZP tune worked great when I was a NA newb

And 400+ HP in a wbody is awesome, Congrats!!!!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Like Steve who brought His ZZP tune'd 2.8 setup to Lukes.... Fuel cut off was set for 5800 rpm, Shifts were set at 6150 rpm. He was getting 8*+ of KR when the fuel cut off started. That one setting could have easily lead to chipped pistons or worse. I like ZZP and most of their products, but after seeing that blatant of an oversight, I would have trouble trusting them to tune.

On a positive note, my Canned ZZP tune worked great when I was a NA newb

And 400+ HP in a wbody is awesome, Congrats!!!!

he said they have a lot of people request only making a few pulls due to the cost, I could see i tune not being perfect in 2 or 3 pulls on the dyno but you get what you pay for, i just told them to make it perfect and safe i wanted to street drive it every day, i think it made 25-30 pulls on the dyno between tuesday and wednesday

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info