My dishwasher stinks

rocco

Addict
Reaction score
Opened it up to put some dishes in and almost vomited. It was the most disgusting putrid thing I’ve ever smelled. I never smelled a rotting corpse but I imagine it to be something like that. I shut it quickly after I got the first whiff. Whole kitchen stunk for a couple minutes afterwards. Not sure what I had on those dishes. Now I gotta open it back up to put a pod in and run it.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Opened it up to put some dishes in and almost vomited. It was the most disgusting putrid thing I’ve ever smelled. I never smelled a rotting corpse but I imagine it to be something like that. I shut it quickly after I got the first whiff. Whole kitchen stunk for a couple minutes afterwards. Not sure what I had on those dishes. Now I gotta open it back up to put a pod in and run it.
Time to take the filter or screens out of the bottom and clean those too.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
When’s the last time you cleaned the filter or behind the screen (if you have one)? Also not a bad idea to pull the drain tube and run some water through it and soak it in the sink with water and distilled vinegar.

I’ve used the cleaning pods but switched to the liquid stuff and it seems to work a lot better. Got all the cooked on powder off the plastic tub.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
See, this is why my dishwasher is filled with cookies, candy, and snacks!

Seriously, it's filled with cookies, candy and snacks. Installed it, ran it to make sure it worked, and that's it. Been about three years now since it ran, LOL.

I'd also check to make sure the drain line is plumbed correctly, like if it goes into a garbage disposal. It should be before the trap so sewer gasses can't flow backwards through the drains.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to try the liquid cleaner. I’ve had good luck with cleaning the filter every month or two and running the pods.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Also check the dishwasher drain has a high loop. If it’s low the nasty water from the disposal will drain back into the dishwasher.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Also check the dishwasher drain has a high loop. If it’s low the nasty water from the disposal will drain back into the dishwasher.
This happens to mine if I go a long time without using it, which isn’t a problem nowadays

Top Bottom