My dishwasher stinks

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
Opened it up to put some dishes in and almost vomited. It was the most disgusting putrid thing I’ve ever smelled. I never smelled a rotting corpse but I imagine it to be something like that. I shut it quickly after I got the first whiff. Whole kitchen stunk for a couple minutes afterwards. Not sure what I had on those dishes. Now I gotta open it back up to put a pod in and run it.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Opened it up to put some dishes in and almost vomited. It was the most disgusting putrid thing I’ve ever smelled. I never smelled a rotting corpse but I imagine it to be something like that. I shut it quickly after I got the first whiff. Whole kitchen stunk for a couple minutes afterwards. Not sure what I had on those dishes. Now I gotta open it back up to put a pod in and run it.
Time to take the filter or screens out of the bottom and clean those too.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
When’s the last time you cleaned the filter or behind the screen (if you have one)? Also not a bad idea to pull the drain tube and run some water through it and soak it in the sink with water and distilled vinegar.

I’ve used the cleaning pods but switched to the liquid stuff and it seems to work a lot better. Got all the cooked on powder off the plastic tub.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
See, this is why my dishwasher is filled with cookies, candy, and snacks!

Seriously, it's filled with cookies, candy and snacks. Installed it, ran it to make sure it worked, and that's it. Been about three years now since it ran, LOL.

I'd also check to make sure the drain line is plumbed correctly, like if it goes into a garbage disposal. It should be before the trap so sewer gasses can't flow backwards through the drains.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info