My 2002 Camaro SS Update

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Well, the itch to keep modding the car hasn't stopped since putting her in storage in October and my Chicago artwork sales have been taking off of lately, it looks like I will be ordering some new goodies for the spring. :naughtyd:

Wheels/Tires:

- Weld RTS: 18x10 (7.1 BS w/ high pad), 18x11 (7.7 BS w/ medium pad

- Toyo R888: 275/35zr18 fronts, 315/30zr18 rears

Do yourself a favor and go with the 35 series R888 in the rear in either the 305 or 335. The 30 series in the back will look off because it will be shorter in height than the front tires.

Camarokid327

Fear of speed bumps but slowly getting over them.
Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Normally, I dont think Id like something that drastic but I think that would look fantastic. Do it is my vote.

I'm just afraid it will look too import like, but it does look great on the c7 and with a Weld RTS street set up I think it would look killer. I guess I'll just peel it off if I don't like it...rather waste $350 in materials than a several grand in a paint job!

Do yourself a favor and go with the 35 series R888 in the rear in either the 305 or 335. The 30 series in the back will look off because it will be shorter in height than the front tires.

Sorry, I mistyped that...I'm looking to do the 295/30's up front with the 315/30's in the rear.

do u like the matte finishes?

In the new Shift Effect colors, not at all. In general I'm not a huge fan of the way matte looks but I do think it really depends on the car and color. If I was to go with some sort of matte color it would definitely be either a matte blue metallic, matte anthracite, or satin pearl white.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I'm just afraid it will look too import like, but it does look great on the c7 and with a Weld RTS street set up I think it would look killer. I guess I'll just peel it off if I don't like it...rather waste $350 in materials than a several grand in a paint job!

Sorry, I mistyped that...I'm looking to do the 295/30's up front with the 315/30's in the rear.

In the new Shift Effect colors, not at all. In general I'm not a huge fan of the way matte looks but I do think it really depends on the car and color. If I was to go with some sort of matte color it would definitely be either a matte blue metallic, matte anthracite, or satin pearl white.

The matte blue metallic is on of my favorites. I've heard the white wraps get dirty real fast which sucks because they look hot.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Nice, I like it..[emoji3]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455245912826.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455245912826.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 176

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
I've actually tabled the idea of wrapping the car in a color shift wrap for now and will be leaving the car black. I do plan however to remove the stripes and wrap the Berger panel in Satin Black to break up the back end a little bit.

BTW..Has anyone had any experience with Falken Azenis rt-615k tires on the street??

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
IDK how I missed it, but GD that car is clean.

RT-615's are an old outdated tire, they're no good, don't get those.

100% keep the car black vote from me. Ditching the stripes isn't a bad idea, all black would look hella clean.

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Impulse buys are the best buys.

haha until the CC bill comes! :roflpicard: Luckily I just opened up a Slate card (0 apr for first 15 months) and plan on taking full advantage of it!

Great looking car! Stout #s on 243s/228r combo! Can't wait to see what it makes on boost!

Thanks! I'm only planning on pushing 7-8lbs of boost and shooting for 550-600whp with a FMIC setup and meth/water. Trying to keep the stock bottom end and lvl 4 trans alive as long as possible.

Nice! Is that a D1SC or F1? :wackit:

It's a P1sc but it was freshly rebuilt by Procharger with 0 miles and I got it for a steal. (under $1k) :bigthumb: I couldn't pass up a deal like that, plus, I'm not looking to make stupid power yet. next year I will do a forged bottom end, upgrade trans to lvl 5/6 and switch over to a F1.

IDK how I missed it, but GD that car is clean.

RT-615's are an old outdated tire, they're no good, don't get those.

100% keep the car black vote from me. Ditching the stripes isn't a bad idea, all black would look hella clean.

Thanks, she is a garage queen that spends more months in storage than out. I'm planning on skipping the 615K's and just going with R888's.

I've also come to my senses and I'm keeping the color as is. Might keep the stripes for a bit longer as you don't see too many black fbodies with them. Once the Weld wheels are on, if the car looks too busy I'll just ditch the stripes!

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Just ordered some more parts and was able to pick up a few used items for a great price!

- CXracing Black FMIC (31"x12"x3", 3" in/out)
- CXracing Black Universal piping kit
- Pro-Flo black surge valve
- Procharger 2-pc fan shroud
- Spal 16" (straight blade) fan
- Vac/Boost Gauge
- AEM Digital UEGO Wideband AFR Gauge
- Dual pillar pod
- Racetronix 255 w/ hot wire kit
- Siemens Deka 60lb EV1
- Inline Pro-pump
- Whistler headlights and clear/black corner lights
- Weld RT-S wheels (18x10, 18x11)
- Toyo R888 (275/35, 315/30)

:hsughlol:

Last edited:

Camarokid327

Jul 24, 2013
Chicago
Made some progress on the build over the last couple weekends, however, still need to install the fuel pump, meth kit and some other misc things before next Saturday's tune.

I will say, cutting the bumper foam was way more challenging than I expected!

Bumper cover back on with new headlights and corners installed. Still need to cut open the SS grille for better airflow to the FMIC.

Also, these beauties came in the other day :D

Thread Info