Motor Trend - 18 Camaro SS 1LE vs 18 Mustang GT Performance Pack

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
The Mustang GT has almost always been outperformed by its Camaro counterpart.

The Mustangs have always just looked better and had better interiors (subjective, I know), but I'd bet more people agree with this than don't. Everyone modifies both of these cars anyways, so it all goes out the window for the majority of "car guys."

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
The Mustang GT has almost always been outperformed by its Camaro counterpart.

The Mustangs have always just looked better and had better interiors (subjective, I know), but I'd bet more people agree with this than don't. Everyone modifies both of these cars anyways, so it all goes out the window for the majority of "car guys."

Eaxactly why to choose the car with a wayyyy bigger aftermarket :io:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I like the Camaro’s numbers

For the $46k Camaro, do I get the pleasure of experiencing intermittent electronic steering failures, adding a quart of oil every 500 - 1k miles, feel as though I’m sitting on the floor and have a glove box full of Bo-Rics hair cut coupons?

If Yes, I need one.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I like the Camaro’s numbers

For the $46k Camaro, do I get the pleasure of experiencing intermittent electronic steering failures, adding a quart of oil every 500 - 1k miles, feel as though I’m sitting on the floor and have a glove box full of Bo-Rics hair cut coupons?

If Yes, I need one.

You stop it right now unless you have facts and proof of those failures.

Those kinds of claims are not tolerated.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It would take me a few hours to dig up numbers from whipple and roush and vmp and steeda and BMR and eleventy billion other vendors but im 100% confident the Mustang market is indeed larger.

How much shit do you need to bolt on to a new mustang to keep up with a stock camaro nowadays? Seems like a lot, lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info