Motor Trend - 18 Camaro SS 1LE vs 18 Mustang GT Performance Pack

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I remember [MENTION=1938]jason05gt[/MENTION] talking huge game back in the day how S197 this and S197 that for handling and it blows GM out of the water stock for stock. Was he talking out of his ass, or am I missing something? I cant be on a site with multiple ford humpers saying one thing then years later when their flavor isnt good turn around and be like "well it was always not as good".

If you look at the 5th Gen vs later S197's that true as the S197 had a inferior stick rear axle. The current gen Alpha chassis Camaro has Ford's number. I've posted this many times. Maybe you need reading glasses?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I know the person that owns the rights to the Yenko name. They were in talks with GM about dealer ordered Yenko cars. They ended up going in a different direction. But they have a company that builds cars with Licensing from his company. You could order a 800hp 2017 "Yenko" camaro.

As much as I am labeled a Ford nutswinger, I give props to many other cars. Including the Camaro. I am sure if you search you can find that many times from my posts. Going back to the Foxbody days when the Camaro out handled it and had way better brakes. The Mustang was lacking for decades compared to the Camaro. In suspension, power, torque, brakes, and other areas. But the Mustang also has a lot of things going for them and that is why people buy them.

There is no way I would have bought a 6th Gen camaro based on interior and interior looks alone. But I will admit the Z28 was a pretty bad ass car. No pony car had a parts list like that before.

The newest Camaro looks way better on the outside but I am not a huge fan of the interior. If I had not bought my 2015 GT and still owned my 2011 GT, I may have already been at a GM dealer checking out a 2SS. I have said it before and I will say it again, the 2017 SS is a great buy for the money. The 1LE steps up the game even more. The Corvette is another world-class competitor that is resonably priced when compared to it's competition.

The Camaro team is doing a great job with it. The Ford team is making great improvements as well. Just seems like they are always chasing a car that is a couple model years behind. Unless it is the GT350 team. Those guys were chasing a Porsche GT3. What?! Who would have thought. lol

The only people that win with competition like this are car enthusiasts, which is why I usually dont get all uppity about my favorite/prefered brand not being on top.

If you look at the 5th Gen vs later S197's that true as the S197 had a inferior stick rear axle. The current gen Alpha chassis Camaro has Ford's number. I've posted this many times. Maybe you need reading glasses?

Dude, back in the day you compared so many Ford and GM platforms that I cannot keep up. I dont need reading glasses, I would need a database for the comparisons you have made. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info