• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

More Issues... Mountaineer Won't Start.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
This past weekend, a buddy and myself were able to drop the tank and replace the fuel pump assembly. The project fought us the entire way as the underbody is very rusty, unfortunately.

But we weren't able to remove the fuel line from the pump via the quick connect and actually just cut off the pump side part of the line to move the tank and try at it then.

I still can't seem to separate the line from the connector. Any advice on how to remove it? I can get it to spin at the connector now and the disconnect tool is working, but it won't come out. I don't want to replace the whole fuel line now. Can I just cut off the connector, flare the ends, and use some rubber fuel line to connect the pump to the fuel line? Would this be safe?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info