TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Reactions: GTPpower and DEEZUZ

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
God Milwaukee kicks our ass in lighting!

Just an FYI for you DEWALT lovers, we do have a light coming out like this later this year.

IMO, Milwaukee is kicking everybody's ass in the cordless market. Badly.
This is coming from a guy who is heavily invested in the Dewalt Flexvolt system.
I wish I had bought Milwaukee stuff.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
IMO, Milwaukee is kicking everybody's ass in the cordless market. Badly.
This is coming from a guy who is heavily invested in the Dewalt Flexvolt system.
I wish I had bought Milwaukee stuff.

I guess you would need to define kicking everyone's ass. In terms of rich promotions, absolutely. In terms of giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars in free product, absolutely. Their strategy is super aggressive, but it is not sustainable. The consumer is definitely winning here, but they cannot operate the way they are forever. When you are ultimately giving away everything you devalue your own product offering and then customers always expect to pay a rock bottom price. The only way to sustain that after economies of scale is reduce the quality of your product which is happening as we speak. The percentage of tools that are defective or need repair from what they manufacture are double ours. The fit and finish of their product looks cheap, it's like that paint job on a car that looks good from 30 feet away, but get up close and not so much.

They definitely do some things really well and have niche product offerings, they are super quick to market with product. They have always done mechanical/electrical/plumbing better than us, you can throw lighting in there too. When it comes to carpentry and concrete work, their tools do not hold a candle to ours. Our battery tech is way better. Milwaukee said they would never develop a battery platform outside of their 18V line and then they hit a wall with the 18V technology. Now they have this 80V system with ridiculously sized batteries and subpar performing tools that can't integrate with their current 18V system.

Reactions: Jon01

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

I guess you would need to define kicking everyone's ass. In terms of rich promotions, absolutely. In terms of giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars in free product, absolutely. Their strategy is super aggressive, but it is not sustainable. The consumer is definitely winning here, but they cannot operate the way they are forever. When you are ultimately giving away everything you devalue your own product offering and then customers always expect to pay a rock bottom price. The only way to sustain that after economies of scale is reduce the quality of your product which is happening as we speak. The percentage of tools that are defective or need repair from what they manufacture are double ours. The fit and finish of their product looks cheap, it's like that paint job on a car that looks good from 30 feet away, but get up close and not so much.

They definitely do some things really well and have niche product offerings, they are super quick to market with product. They have always done mechanical/electrical/plumbing better than us, you can throw lighting in there too. When it comes to carpentry and concrete work, their tools do not hold a candle to ours. Our battery tech is way better. Milwaukee said they would never develop a battery platform outside of their 18V line and then they hit a wall with the 18V technology. Now they have this 80V system with ridiculously sized batteries and subpar performing tools that can't integrate with their current 18V system.

:greasy:

Reactions: greasy

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI

giphy.gif

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I mean:

:io:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean:

:io:

i refuse to buy something that uses the word bonnet that much

friggen commies

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012

Very solid response and appreciate the candid feedback.
I have mostly the mechanic side of things and my main gripe is the battery size of the Dewalt stuff.
Physical size of the packs makes it hard to fit the tool in smaller areas.
The Flexvolt miter and scroll saw I have are very nice to use and do very nice work.
I do lust after Milwaukee's impact and ratchets mostly for their power and size.

Reactions: DEEZUZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info