Millennials Aren't Having Kids.-Why That's A Problem For Baby Boomer Real Estate

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
my parents are both committed to moving they are just taking their time.... i dont think time is on their side. Their house has been outdated since the 90s, its going to take time to sell to the right buyer as-is. I just want them to be able to get as much as possible while they can.

My mom has actually been putting money IN TO the house. I mean much of it is just repairs and updating but shes still pot committed.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Elmhurst is solid, look in the Oakbrook area too. I personally just like being near a major highway, but far enough away from the city to work/play there.

Yeah, we've got that whole area north of Ogden, south of 290, and east of 355 sort of in the our wheelhouse right now. We haven't done any serious looking yet, just some cursory Redfin and Zillow searches. We like the Glen Elyn area, but it's just putting us in the same situation we're in now, which is just a bit too far outside of the city, if you work in the city.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
My mom has actually been putting money IN TO the house. I mean much of it is just repairs and updating but shes still pot committed.

if your mom is happy, that's what matters most. My concern for my mom is the stairs, she has a bad knee and it's hard for her. I think my parents would be happier in a smaller single story ranch, but this goes back to the article posted.... millenials are buying them :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Another on-topic post

Every single house owned by a baby boomer is ugly as fuck, as KJ hinted at.

I can think of neighborhoods full of these thigns.

dark oak trim, carpeted entry ways, cabinets blocking views of the kitchens, 30 year old furnaces, windows that may have counted as insulated 30 years ago... likely linoleum somewhere some place.... probably has a sliding glass door from a living area to an outside deck or patio... and also, can't ever forget the ultimate baby boomer house accessory- the formal dining room.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl: I still identify as a millennial. Could care less if the other 90% of my generation are lazy entitled useless bums. I see it as a benefit actually.

millenials aren't lazy entitled useless bums, that's the next gen. that gen is straight fucking terrifying.

Brass? Everywhere
Wallpaper? YES
Carpet? Yes and it's hard as a rock, might even exist in the bathroom
Wood? Cheap and light colored
Granite? What's that
Weird colored walls like red and green? O hell yea

:rofl:

don't forget wallpaper.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
can't forget tile counters, boomer houses love that shit. mccallisters had one in home alone

genMid.09844990_1_A.jpg

genMid.09844990_2_A.jpg

almond colored appliances?

FUCK YEAH ALMOND

genMid.09844990_3_A.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info