Millennials Aren't Having Kids.-Why That's A Problem For Baby Boomer Real Estate

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Ignoring? Your just wrong IMHO.

I am not reading the book. My son and all his friends see themselves as millennials and have had conversations at length about how they are perceived and what do like or want. So I am not giving you my interpretation of them but a millennials definition of themselves which is better than some googled article.

it is largely just a marketing term anyway. am i a millennial? maybe? gen x?
it's rather arbitrary really. any study referring to millennials should more appropriately simply reference they studied ages [x-y] and here are the results.

also you could state what you've observed without dissing studies/graphs/google docs/data - who on earth is really going to expect your off the cuff analysis of a few people you've casually observed vs. some group who tried to analyze information and do so across thousands/tens of thousands/millions of people?

you can't respond to "most millenials don't play golf"
with "yeah, but my son golfs and his friends LOVE TO GOLF! don't give me that bullshit!"

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

These kids can't take care of them self without demanding someone else pays for every thing, or tells them what to think!!!
Does anyone really want more & more of these brainwashed, weak minded, entitlement whores draining the system!!!

Like I've posted 1000 times, this country is closer to collapse than founding :(
Which is a damn shame from how high we grew so quickly!!!
People keep forgetting we are 1000's of years younger than every other so-called major nation!!!
Once the envy, friend & savior of the entire planet is now an embarrassing laughing stock :(

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

These kids can't take care of them self without demanding someone else pays for every thing, or tells them what to think!!!
Does anyone really want more & more of these brainwashed, weak minded, entitlement whores draining the system!!!

Like I've posted 1000 times, this country is closer to collapse than founding :(
Which is a damn shame from how high we grew so quickly!!!
People keep forgetting we are 1000's of years younger than every other so-called major nation!!!
Once the envy, friend & savior of the entire planet is now an embarrassing laughing stock :(

The fuck. I feel bad for any millennial that has you telling them what to think :lmao: BUT, i know well enough that they'd ignore you.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
Well get ready for a second housing crisis too. Trump's idea of lowering the corporate tax rate helped no median household earner under $250,000, or over for that matter. Part of lowering the tax rate from 35% to 27% will only hurt us later on. Part of this tax "break" ensured that the itemized real estate and property tax deductions would be capped at $10,000 as a compromise. Therefore the rich will pay more and only add $70 billion per year, many first time home buyers will not be able to afford the full cost of home ownership due to the breaks past generations were able to enjoy. In order to compensate for the cap many wealthy homeowners will be forced to sell their second and third homes in order to compensate for the lost income.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Well get ready for a second housing crisis too. Trump's idea of lowering the corporate tax rate helped no median household earner under $250,000, or over for that matter. Part of lowering the tax rate from 35% to 27% will only hurt us later on. Part of this tax "break" ensured that the itemized real estate and property tax deductions would be capped at $10,000 as a compromise. Therefore the rich will pay more and only add $70 billion per year, many first time home buyers will not be able to afford the full cost of home ownership due to the breaks past generations were able to enjoy. In order to compensate for the cap many wealthy homeowners will be forced to sell their second and third homes in order to compensate for the lost income.

You're kind of all over the place here.

1. Trumps tax cuts for sure helped earners under $250k, i'm one of them
2. You say that the tax breaks only help the wealthy, then go on to say that people that pay over $10k/year in property taxes (who I would consider to be wealthy people) will have to pay more $ in federal taxes, which is true (all other things being equal). So which is it, are the wealthy benefiting from the tax breaks or are they paying more due to lower property tax deductions?
3. None of what you said points to another housing crisis, not even close
4. The $10k property tax cap really has nothing to do with first time home buyers, yet you cited that as a problem? If anything lowered federal taxes will help first time home buyers (who are normally not wealthy people), as they have more disposable income.
5. You really think that people that can afford second and third homes will have to sell just because of losing some of their property tax deduction?? Really?

You're creating correlations and causations all over the place, none of which are grounded in fact or reality. Not sure if it's just because of the way you structured your sentences or what. Where'd the $70 billion a year come from?

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
You're kind of all over the place here.

1. Trumps tax cuts for sure helped earners under $250k, i'm one of them
2. You say that the tax breaks only help the wealthy, then go on to say that people that pay over $10k/year in property taxes (who I would consider to be wealthy people) will have to pay more $ in federal taxes, which is true (all other things being equal). So which is it, are the wealthy benefiting from the tax breaks or are they paying more due to lower property tax deductions?
3. None of what you said points to another housing crisis, not even close
4. The $10k property tax cap really has nothing to do with first time home buyers, yet you cited that as a problem? If anything lowered federal taxes will help first time home buyers (who are normally not wealthy people), as they have more disposable income.
5. You really think that people that can afford second and third homes will have to sell just because of losing some of their property tax deduction?? Really?

You're creating correlations and causations all over the place, none of which are grounded in fact or reality. Not sure if it's just because of the way you structured your sentences or what. Where'd the $70 billion a year come from?
It's not a tax cap it's a cap on itemized state and local tax deductions. Purchasing homes with less money from a tax write off will not help home owners recover from their loans quicker. True, a $10k tax write off will not phase most wealthy Americans but it will help recover the lost revenue from the corporate tax decrease-hurting the wealthy. The corporate tax decrease may increase the average corporate worker's salary in the short term but an increase in personal income tax is likely to occur to balance out the lost revenue. The $70 billion came from the NYT article I included in the post after the one you quoted.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

We need reform, massive tax reform!!!
It should not take weeks & 100's of hours a year to do our damn taxes!!!

We also should not be bribing people to do something.

Taxes are to fund our safety, security, education & infrastructure, not every scheme & hair brained idea some politician & their corruption cartel members think up!!!

Tax returns should fit on a post card, and be as low as possible for the small government required for it's job.

I understand why they bribe us, but it's costing us a fortune, and wastes time & money unnecessarily :(

I don't need a tax break to marry the women I love, knock her up & own our home.
Maybe they were needed at some point in our history, but now this monster is too damn big!!!

KISS

Obviously at this point it's too late to fix a lot of our issues.
These POS leeches that think they are entitled to the wealth of the guy smarter than them is despicable.
That will never change because the POS liberals keep feeding them their brain washing, knowing the weak minded losers with lap it up!!!!

I can't believe we've survived over 200 years with such an evil agenda in this country???
Earn what you get, keep what you earn, take care of your own damn family!!!
Pure evil, horrible way to live, definitely immoral and should be outlawed.
At least according to the losers that want to steal your money, because they are too stupid, too lazy or both to earn a living.

Cutting right to the point, Coates asked if it’s possible to live in a moral society that includes billionaires.

“No, it’s not,” she responded. “I’m not saying that Bill Gates or Warren Buffet are immoral, but a system that allows billionaires to exist when there are parts of Alabama where people are still getting ringworm because they don’t have access to public health is wrong.”

I don't care what any of you have, I have never thought for a second in my many decades what does Joe Blow have, and why shouldn't the government steal it and give it to the rest of us!!!!

I guess I'm just evil like that, earn what I get, keep what I earn, and take care of my own family!!!!

It must be a fluke how fast we grew, how successful we were under that policy,
and since being a welfare whore, entitlement leech became the norm, how fast the deficit grew, and how low we've become!!!!

I've never seen photo's of the streets littered with dead bodies in 1790, 1890, 1950 etc etc when there wasn't huge portions of society sitting on their fat lazy ass collecting welfare stolen from us hard working contributing members of society!!!!
People didn't starve to death without a government hand out, generation after generation like it is now!!!

Again, what would I know, I was a little busy actually working a full time job since 9th grade.

Earn what you get, keep what you earn, take care of yourself & your family, what an evil evil, horrible way to run a society!!!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I've never seen photo's of the streets littered with dead bodies in 1790, 1890, 1950

that's because you just lived with multiple generations of your family all in the same house cuz you couldn't afford to leave or live in different ones and the young poor people took care of your old poor ass as best you could until you croaked

when there wasn't huge portions of society sitting on their fat lazy ass collecting welfare stolen from us hard working contributing members of society!!!!
People didn't starve to death without a government hand out, generation after generation like it is now!!!

well you worked to eat especially going back in years to where we were agrarian. and you didn't necessarily have much more time or money to enjoy anything else, fun life. also crony capitalist corporate cheaters were taking your money back then, they were way ahead of welfare, and they're taking way more money. they are working, they are just getting paid 10x what they should for that work because of government power rewarding them. which is worse?

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
it is largely just a marketing term anyway. am i a millennial? maybe? gen x?

it's rather arbitrary really. any study referring to millennials should more appropriately simply reference they studied ages [x-y] and here are the results.

also you could state what you've observed without dissing studies/graphs/google docs/data - who on earth is really going to expect your off the cuff analysis of a few people you've casually observed vs. some group who tried to analyze information and do so across thousands/tens of thousands/millions of people?

you can't respond to "most millenials don't play golf"

with "yeah, but my son golfs and his friends LOVE TO GOLF! don't give me that bullshit!"

I merely contributed to a non political thread. It was a different perspective and I was not trying to discredit any report or start an argument with anybody. I personally don’t appreciate being called names only because of a grammar error caused by my phone. But I am glad I triggered his stupid ass after the fact because I proved him wrong about my son technically being a millennial.

Whatevs...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info