LS1 Cam Discussion (2004 GTO)

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not yet. If you decided to do all of this, highly consider upgrading the rear axles and at least springs in the back also. The 04 axles are a weak point. And the stock springs are shit at best. If you decide to toss in a new converter, please do this. I'd hate to read you broke your shit off first pass at the track.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Man you're like the fourth person to say that but over never seen one go lol. Between my cousins procharged one on radials and lastls1's 15 launches at 6k lol

Agreed. I know they are not the strongest but I didn't have an issue and I was making more power than this can only setup will make plus I was a manual. A good tire with shocks and the drag bags should really help with the wheel hop. I didn't have any wheel hop type issues.

And like shibby said. I drove the fuck out of the car.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Was a built motor with a procharger on it I think. Either way if you have the money to build it right do it.

No harm in doing it in sections though. My gto didnt get all those parts over night. It actually went through 2 different setups before it got to that point. Do the cam and stall this year and street drive it/Learn the car, then upgrade the other stuff next season.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It has been proven time and time again that a newer grind smallish cam will make as much power as the "old" donkey dick cams (MS3, old T-Rex, MS4, etc.) My recommendation for a cam with great driving manners and power as well as a good sound would be the SI5v.2. Combo that with a Yank SS3600 and you'll be happy. Stay on regular street tires and the rear will be fine.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Alright guys. I have been doing some additional research over the last few weeks and am really liking the Streetsweeper TQ from Ed at Flowtech FTI LSX StreetSweeper-TQ Camshaft - FlowTech Induction. I have been talking to Lew at Diablew tuning and he said he would be able to tune for the SSTQ.

Any thoughts?

streetsweeper tq would be decent if youre not looking to make huge power and still want something completely driveable. My cam is spec'ed out more like the streetsweeper HT cam

FTI LSX StreetSweeper-HT Camshaft - FlowTech Induction

No driveability issues on that one either and should make some good power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info