Local auction site that I'm getting great deals on

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
What a coincidence, i was looking at picking up that exact safe, brand new, from someone in the St Louis area. $250 brand new. I just need to figure out how to get it since i won't be down there for a while and he won't ship....
My father in law has a box truck. It's what I used today to pick up all my items. Gotta test everything out tonight. I bought an 18 bottle wine fridge that I see goes for about $300 new. I got mine for $90. Not sure if I want to keep it and utilize it some how in the garage or sell it. Might also sell the other smoker I got. Retails $170-$200 new, got mine at $80 w/damaged box. Might try making a bit on it.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I just took a look at the Electric Bluetooth Smoker I bought for $160. Looking the model number up online, i see an average price of about $300-$400. There is one ding in it. Although the ad mentioned it was new, it was used at most 1 time. Opened up the sealed door and you can smell the smokey scent. Very light discoloration on a couple things, and the biggest factor out of this sale is the fact it's missing all the legs and rear casters as well as the screws that bolt into the grill (for the legs). Universal legs or stand go from around $22-$45 online. So still not a bad deal.

Going to check out the stainless steel Rigid Wet/Dry Vac next.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I checked out 3 out of the 4 items I purchased. The electric smoker was missing the legs and casters (plus screws of course), the rigid wet/dry vac is missing the "wet" nozzle attachment, and the Titan 18 bottle wine fridge had the biggest "issue" despite saying is new and no annotation on the auction notes. The wine fridge had a decent sized dent along the back left side and when I went to plug it in, the led lights were blinking plus the led lights in the back (on the main circuit board). I took off the back, re-bent the metal to its original shape (as much as I could), played around with the circuits and wiring, and now it works (so far). I ended up throwing 18 bottles inside to test it.

Just need to check out the other smoker now. I did test out the electric Bluetooth smoker today and made a swineapple (pork product inside shaved and hollowed out pineapple wrapped in bacon). Plus I also made some ribs. Let's just say I liked the ribs much better than the swineapple. :hsugh:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I emailed the company for the Bluetooth Electric Smoker as I didn't have the legs, and asked to purchase the legs from them but couldn't find any product information on their website despite not being discontinued (as far as I know, and still being sold at Home Depot). They're shipping out the legs for me for free.

You can file this under the "FUCK YEA" thread as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info