• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Limits of a stock 4R70W??

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
i have a 4r70w, pedal set, shifter, correct yoke for your stock driveshaft, and a stock converter (works great with eaton setups).

All you need is either a manual valve body or a baumnator electric trans controller, an 8 bolt flexplate, and a trans cooler.

$575

Good deal. You can let Blue03cobra have that sweet deal. I don't really know yet what I'm going to do so I don't want to tie that up for some one else. Thanks though.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Nick,
how is the turbo project going?

Derek

Going great. I'm all done with it for now. Got it tuned last Saturday by the great Bob Kurgan. I'm going to get a different waste gate and a meth kit and go back for more in a month or two. We got 672hp on 16lbs and 93 oct gas. The car drives fantastic. I like the turbo so much more then the 2.8 KB I had on there before. Got the .81 exhaust A/R on the 76mm GTS, so the turbo starts to spool aboot 2500-3000rpm and keeps on going. Drives like a rocket.

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
How much do you guys think it would cost to have some one build a 4r70w to hold 600 or 700hp if i were to just bring a stock one to a trans shop.
Just throw some $$ at me.

lenntech sells thiers complete for 1500-2200 so assume in that price range

i would say use PROFORMANCE in Elburn, illinois. Guy builds a helluva trans!
(hes close to me too so i can just drop that 4r70w off for ya :D)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info