Let's tirekick some small trailers I'm considering for my side by side

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
that thing is sexy

yeah the pioneer being only 116" long vs my general being 151" is a huge difference in toyhauler capability.

That was going to be the next shit I started looking at, the overall length varies a TON.....

The Pro XP 4 I was driving was a BLAST, but is likely more machine than I would need, and something like your General would be more my speed I think and have more utility to it as well.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That was going to be the next shit I started looking at, the overall length varies a TON.....

The Pro XP 4 I was driving was a BLAST, but is likely more machine than I would need, and something like your General would be more my speed I think and have more utility to it as well.

yeah length is nuts. 2 seater "normal" rzr is 10 feet ish which fits a lot of places.

Reactions: FESTER665

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Spend the money on an Aluma and be done with it.
I have had a couple of their trailers and they are of fantastic quality.
A simple scrub down with wheel brightener acid every year and they look good as new.
If/when you decide to sell it you won't lose your whole ass on it.
That being said, I have a 7712 from our utv owning days and tbh I wouldn't want one much smaller. Esp if you're looking at fodos.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I wish I knew a place where you could test ride them. I'm even looking for a place to rent a Rzr this fall with trail access.

You can ride Conover, Land O' lakes, Phelps, and even up in to the UP right from the Trackside parking lot. Minimal road riding also if you look at the map and avoid them.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

You can ride Conover, Land O' lakes, Phelps, and even up in to the UP right from the Trackside parking lot. Minimal road riding also if you look at the map and avoid them.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Panda!

See if badlands has them. They rent SxS.
Bandlands does have rentals. My buddy rented an RS1 there and it was awesome but I want to see what it like to ride a SxS on WI trails.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
When I was shopping around for 12ft trailers, most of the decks measured out at exactly 144in. For some reason the Aluma 7812ES-A measured at 147” which was perfect for me. Not sure if that would be beneficial to you at all.

i won't mind it hanging off of a 12' trailer 3" at the front and 3 at the rear. ive had it on a 12' trailer before with a folding ramp and it pushed against the bed... but if it doesn't have a fold up ramp ill be fine.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Panda!

Bandlands does have rentals. My buddy rented an RS1 there and it was awesome but I want to see what it like to ride a SxS on WI trails.

Its not a bad spot. I personally think staying at chain hotels in the Northwoods is gross but there is a Days INN right on the "trail" that ATV'ers and snowmobilers stay at. Walk to Trackside, Bars, Restaurants, Downtown Eagle River not far either.

Pricing is very reasonable at Trackside compared with renting Polaris in Ironwood.

The same owners of Trackside have a dealer in Watersmeet if you want to drive even further or find availability issues also...

I would just call them soon. Last time I tried to rent something "late" in the season they had already needed to return the rentals to Polaris. They do some rental program with them and do not own the ATV's themselves. Not a bad deal cuz they are current and not very beat up.

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Its not a bad spot. I personally think staying at chain hotels in the Northwoods is gross but there is a Days INN right on the "trail" that ATV'ers and snowmobilers stay at. Walk to Trackside, Bars, Restaurants, Downtown Eagle River not far either.

Pricing is very reasonable at Trackside compared with renting Polaris in Ironwood.

The same owners of Trackside have a dealer in Watersmeet if you want to drive even further or find availability issues also...

I would just call them soon. Last time I tried to rent something "late" in the season they had already needed to return the rentals to Polaris. They do some rental program with them and do not own the ATV's themselves. Not a bad deal cuz they are current and not very beat up.
I already reserved a machine from tackside on October 31st. That was the only Saturday available. I'm taking my 12 year old nephew so we'll probably leave Friday and stay up there and possible come back Saturday. We have it from 9-4:30. I'm pumped.

Reactions: PANDA and Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I already reserved a machine from tackside on October 31st. That was the only Saturday available. I'm taking my 12 year old nephew so we'll probably leave Friday and stay up there and possible come back Saturday. We have it from 9-4:30. I'm pumped.

I tried to rent from them a few times this summer but no availability. Last year they had Rangers also. We took out a RZR and a Ranger and the group switched mid day. It really is nice taking one of these out for a all day test ride. I was wondering if I could ride a Ranger all day with the "utility" style seating but it was OK. Took out a Can AM Maverick the year before that and I was not happy with it. It had some mechanical issues that I was told were normal. :rofl:

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I don't have enough experience to vouch one way or the other on that for the can-ams as my electric golf cart version was hardly representative of what can am puts out i feel.

i want a honduh

All my buddies that had Rzr's and Mavericks now own Pioneer1k5's and love them.
I still live in town thus no reason to own one...yet...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
All my buddies that had Rzr's and Mavericks now own Pioneer1k5's and love them.
I still live in town thus no reason to own one...yet...

that's where im leaning. the smaller size of the pioneer, & bench front seat, while retaining a bed, entice me.

ive got three guys real interested in my sxs currently

Reactions: Jon01

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I tried to rent from them a few times this summer but no availability. Last year they had Rangers also. We took out a RZR and a Ranger and the group switched mid day. It really is nice taking one of these out for a all day test ride. I was wondering if I could ride a Ranger all day with the "utility" style seating but it was OK. Took out a Can AM Maverick the year before that and I was not happy with it. It had some mechanical issues that I was told were normal. :rofl:
I've heard both Polaris and Can Am can be hit and miss. I really wanted to rent a sport SxS this summer just to be sure it's as fun as I expect before buying one. I'm really leaning towards a Talon X but also will be looking at the Maverick Sport and Rzr S and XP.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know this defeats the whole purpose for you but I wish they would make a Pioneer 1000-4 with front buckets. Or an entirely new model slotted between the Pioneer and Talon like a General or Commander. Bucket seats, sportier suspension, full bed with flip up seats.

agreed.

even yamaha's newer wolverine- the two seater compares right to the 2 seat general but the 4 seater doesn't.

1600788966304.png

1600789101357.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info