Kane co folks, check your privileage

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
do they go to 301? word on the street is they have like ipads and a BUNCH of technology just sitting in boxes because the teachers don't want to use them or don't know how.
They do. 1st and 3rd grade. No idea on the extras laying around but from what I'm told my kids use them all the time. I'm all for it if it's used but I'm sure equipping all the student and faculty with laptops adds up quite a bit to that tax money.

Seems to be the way things are going though. My wife teaches in Waterman and they have them too.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
:rofl: I am going to start digging into the districts financials. I have a bit more time on my hands this year.

We don't have a ton of commercial properties kicking in as I'm surrounded by farms and its all farm west of me. A good reason to move out west and not feel overpopulated stuck in traffic all the time (not counting randall). Something is still a miss though.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Another thing with Naperville though, It's in established DuPage County.

- Naperville itself, within the confines of DuPage County is pretty well maxed growth.
- Your infrastructure is established.
- Your schools are established
- Your fire, police and city services really aren't changing
- You have a large business base within city limits.

So for awhile during the 90's as Naperville was growing, so did property taxes. Now that everything is established and maxed out, they should be steady, if anything going down as bonds and other things are paid down.

Out here in Kane County, as with the other perimeter counties is where all the explosive growth is taking place, which requires schools, roads, infrastructure, etc... COuple that with a small business base, and the residents take it on the chin.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Another thing with Naperville though, It's in established DuPage County.

- Naperville itself, within the confines of DuPage County is pretty well maxed growth.
- Your infrastructure is established.
- Your schools are established
- Your fire, police and city services really aren't changing
- You have a large business base within city limits.

So for awhile during the 90's as Naperville was growing, so did property taxes. Now that everything is established and maxed out, they should be steady, if anything going down as bonds and other things are paid down.

Out here in Kane County, as with the other perimeter counties is where all the explosive growth is taking place, which requires schools, roads, infrastructure, etc... COuple that with a small business base, and the residents take it on the chin.

We're still growing in Naperville.

Naperville leading in area growth; population up by 4,700 - Naperville Sun

The biggest point you made is the business base. Corporate tax revenue helps keep household real estate taxes in check.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
peace out folks

maxresdefault.jpg

Need any militia members to join you?!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info