de8c620d7d68b957fafbffaa926d3358.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Exactly what it was. When they dug up my yard it was nuts how many tree roots were under ground.

It was the original clay piping from the 50's....didn't have a chance.

yeah pretty common for older homes. I have a huge oak tree right near my lateral pipe, thankfully previous owner had it changed out to PVC. Most houses by me are 50+ years old, I see front lawns dug up all the time.

saliv8

all motor
Feb 26, 2015
Chicago
Lost a board in the variable frequency drive for one of my chillers. $12k part. Don't have labor skilled enough to diagnose and replace? Add another grand.

Chillers can be somewhat inexpensive if the numbers are ran vs all the other options. RTU's, window shakers, electric heat, and maybe some boilers I would think might be more practical in schools Im aware of.

If they actually have chillers, towers, etc. then the facility maintenance crew must be large.

And that board of yours would have a warranty, and if out of warranty the new one would come with one. 12g-15g is a drop in the bucket of more than 1/2 a mil. Theres not tons of stuff that go bad on chillers, typically. Small items like you showed, yes.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Just got mine yesterday. Went down almost 1700 after we fought them last year. I'm down to $5100/yr which is the lowest its ever been by a long shot. 3 years ago I was paying over 8k!

Did you get a tax appraisal? what basis did they lower it on? over taxed vs what other similar houses were taxed, or over valued vs the comp sale prices?

I'm going to fight them every year until if and when I bail. :fu:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Did you get a tax appraisal? what basis did they lower it on? over taxed vs what other similar houses were taxed, or over valued vs the comp sale prices?

I'm going to fight them every year until if and when I bail. :fu:

Sarah did it all based off comps from the online tax site for McHenry Cty. It's all based on EAV, that's where you argue from.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info