Movie Justice League Snyder Cut

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I think my interest has been peaked enough to watch this. I’ve not seen any of the DC arc movies yet, what would I need to watch before this to get the storyline? Someone had mentioned at Least Superman and Batman vs Superman, anything else?

The original Wonder Woman was really good and worth a watch. Probably not something you have to see before this movie. You know who Wonder Woman is and her powers. But there is some back story there that is part of this movie as well.

Reactions: Jfrost

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
giphy.gif

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Just wrapped. If they brought back the DC universe like this, I'd be onboard. That was legit. Of course, some holes and head-scratchers, but overall didn't feel like 4 hours.

The 4:3 ratio was an odd choice, especially after knowing this would be exclusively an at-home release. Didn't really appreciate that I couldn't use my whole TV or phone screen to watch. I've read why they decided to go this way, but it would have had to be chopped down eventually for home release, right?

Reactions: Mr Baytchos

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The 4:3 ratio was an odd choice, especially after knowing this would be exclusively an at-home release. Didn't really appreciate that I couldn't use my whole TV or phone screen to watch. I've read why they decided to go this way, but it would have had to be chopped down eventually for home release, right?

I read a while back that it ended up being that ratio because Snyder wanted to have this on Imax screens. So the camera it was shot on uses like 1.43:1. So for TV release, it went to 4:3. It was a little odd at first. But not bad. Sometimes I feel like the screen is normally so wide and you only really concentrate on a portion of the screen anyways. But it was interesting to see people compare some of the theatrical release versus the Snyder release. With angles and tones being different.

*edit* did a quick search and just clicked on the first article.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
It is interesting that they left the Deathstroke & Lex Luthor scene in the movie. Since the solo Ben Affleck Batman movie isn't happening. And to have him in the bonus sceen at the end. I guess he went from wanting to kill Batman to being on his side. Maybe his mother's name was Martha too? ?‍♂️
Deathstroke is in the nightmare scene because he would have been one of the last standing people to help after darkseid would have come to earth and destroy everything. Check out the screen crush video I posted. They kinda explain what would have been JL2 and 3.

I mean it's all just a tease at this point since we will never see those movies.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It is interesting that they left the Deathstroke & Lex Luthor scene in the movie. Since the solo Ben Affleck Batman movie isn't happening. And to have him in the bonus sceen at the end. I guess he went from wanting to kill Batman to being on his side. Maybe his mother's name was Martha too? ?‍♂️

I also thought that was odd because Batman had just survived an attack from a world-destroying all-powerful alien being and now we’re supposed to be concerned that some dude will kill him?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Turn off the lights and you'll forget about it again lol

good idea. I think maybe if I turn the volume up higher so the plates in my neighbors house start rattling that might help too.

Actually tho once the action gets going I forget all about it. Really no different than a widescreen format w/ bars on the top and bottom

Little over an hour in so far.

Reactions: Mr Baytchos

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
DONE.

Well while I couldnt remember if I ever watched the first JL, I recognized many scenes from this, so I obviously must have. That alone is a tale of how forgettable the first cut was. Rearmed with those memories, its amazing how bad the JW version was. 4 hours is a lot, but it lets everything breathe, and its amazing how much better everything flows. I got a little bit lost in the epilogue, but thats probably on me. Surprisingly I did not feel like i'd spent 4 hours staring at my tv.

Given the choice, I would rather sit thru 4 hours of this, than however long wonder woman 84 was :LOL: All. day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info