• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just bought a Lightning

Hey guys. I just bought a 2003 Lightning 2 weeks ago. (Just under 40,000 miles) Im sure I will be on here asking questions soon enough. I already ordered a few things for it and just talked with Hans at Deans Performance. He seems like a great guy and Ill be visiting the shop soon to get the truck tuned.

Since im sure you will be asking, here are a couple pictures.
LIGHTNING2.jpg

LIGHTNING1.jpg

Great truck and color.
Prepare yourself for spark plug blowout.....common on Lightnings.

Thank you.

As for the "spark plug blowout issue" , I already looked and this is an 8 thread head. Not the 4 thread heads like on the previous years. From what ive read this helped if not eliminated the problem of spark plug blowout. . (im hoping anyway. haha)

I appreciate the heads up though.

Welcome. Looks like a clean truck. Was there any mods done to it?

The truck was definitely well taken care of. Less than 40k miles and everything is very clean. The only thing I know that was done to it is a 2.75" blower pulley (the crank pully is still stock). Not sure about any tune or other parts (the downfall of buying a used vehicle) I just ordered a Diablosport Preditor so I can make sure everything is right. I also just purchased a JLT intake, new plugs, oil seperater, 170 deg thermastat, DMH e cutouts. JLP valve body will be my next item on the list, probably in a week or so. I figure that's a good start for now concidering I've only had the truck for less than 2 weeks :)

Thank you everyone for the comments.

P.S. No this is not a daily driver.

very nice truck i got rid of my 2000 L end of this past year and miss it allready. let me know if you need a good cover for it i have one just sitting here taking up spase looking to get rid of it for cheap. Good luck what plugs you going to run NGK or what are you going to put a lower pulley on it

I bought the NGK BR7EFs. Eventually I will put a lower pulley on after i get the blower ported. I dont want to over heat the stock eaton by maxing it out on boost. Especially since it already has the 2.75" upper pulley. Id like to run a 6# crank pulley but that in combination with the upper is asking for trouble without the eaton being ported. Not in a huge rush right now since its just sitting in the garage waiting for a nice day. Im hoping to have it all done by summer. I just need to be pointed in the right direction as to who is capable of porting it.

do not floor it in cold weather! LOL. i would look into the J&S vampire kit to save your stock motor from blowing. truck looks great. i almost miss mine, but its still in my family, so I get to see/drive it whenever I want

Judging by your "LOL" did you make that mistake or something? haha.

Dont worry. I dont have any intention of driving it during winter.
I'll definitely look into the J&S Vampire kit. I want to do whatever it takes to protect the motor. Thanks for the info.

Thanks again for all the comments guys. Ive been a member of other forums and so far you guys dont seem THAT bad. haha.

I just got rid of my Audi for the Lightning. The guys on the Audi forum seemed to be a little full of themselves. Made it a little difficult to ask questions or get an intelligent answer when they were too busy putting you down to make themselves feel better.

Great truck and color.
Prepare yourself for spark plug blowout.....common on Lightnings.
Not '03 and '04!

Thank you.

As for the "spark plug blowout issue" , I already looked and this is an 8 thread head. Not the 4 thread heads like on the previous years. From what ive read this helped if not eliminated the problem of spark plug blowout. . (im hoping anyway. haha)

I appreciate the heads up though.
You are correct.

Nice truck.

Ultimate setup is a sonic lightning towing a sonic cobra. Do it Brad.

:fy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info