• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Just bought a downpipe

CompGd

Reaction score
Hey all, i just ordered my 3in Downpipe from 3800performance. I have a few questions, i know the install is fairly simple but iam wondering if my setup will benefit or not with this purchase. Right now all i have is an 04 Comp G with a CAI and thats it. I figure i would benefit from this since i am pulling in more air, i may as well upgrade the exhaust. But my question is do i need a tune after a simple mod like this? My ultimate plans are to do the supporting mods for a 3.4 pulley. i have the pulley here but not installed. I am waiting to save up for the PCM and i will be set for my plans for this car. How would you guys go about this? Any help would be great thanks.

Eric

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Basic performance mods are great in that any car will benefit from them even if you have no plans to drop a pulley. Tuning is definetely recommended when swapping a pulley and the basic DHP 1.0 tune is what most use.

Dollar for dollar it's one of the best mods you'll make to your car.

CompGd

Reaction score
Basic performance mods are great in that any car will benefit from them even if you have no plans to drop a pulley. Tuning is definetely recommended when swapping a pulley and the basic DHP 1.0 tune is what most use.

Dollar for dollar it's one of the best mods you'll make to your car.
[/b]
So what your saying is once i get my PCM i can drop to the 3.4 and not have additional tuning as the DHP V1 takes care of this? Do i need anything along the lines of colder plugs and a 180 stat for this setup? Thanks for the help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom