3800 Just bought a downpipe

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Hey all, i just ordered my 3in Downpipe from 3800performance. I have a few questions, i know the install is fairly simple but iam wondering if my setup will benefit or not with this purchase. Right now all i have is an 04 Comp G with a CAI and thats it. I figure i would benefit from this since i am pulling in more air, i may as well upgrade the exhaust. But my question is do i need a tune after a simple mod like this? My ultimate plans are to do the supporting mods for a 3.4 pulley. i have the pulley here but not installed. I am waiting to save up for the PCM and i will be set for my plans for this car. How would you guys go about this? Any help would be great thanks.

Eric

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Basic performance mods are great in that any car will benefit from them even if you have no plans to drop a pulley. Tuning is definetely recommended when swapping a pulley and the basic DHP 1.0 tune is what most use.

Dollar for dollar it's one of the best mods you'll make to your car.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Basic performance mods are great in that any car will benefit from them even if you have no plans to drop a pulley. Tuning is definetely recommended when swapping a pulley and the basic DHP 1.0 tune is what most use.

Dollar for dollar it's one of the best mods you'll make to your car.
[/b]

So what your saying is once i get my PCM i can drop to the 3.4 and not have additional tuning as the DHP V1 takes care of this? Do i need anything along the lines of colder plugs and a 180 stat for this setup? Thanks for the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list