:rofl:

20191011_164523.jpg

Reactions: SleeperLS

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Mook gonna transform into the real-life Joker. He is the one the media has been concerned about with this movie coming out.

Mook said:
What do you get when you cross the head of TCG with a bunch of members that disagree with his movie reviews and constantly PM him whining about everything!

YOU GET WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE!!!!!!!

*Shuts site down*

Reactions: sickmint79

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The wife and I saw this today and we both really liked it. It was everything I was hoping it would be and more. The last 20 minutes were just epic in building joker as a villain while also establishing how people with misguided intentions would follow him. Just really well done all around. It was the only movie I’ve seen where I felt like it was slow story telling but done in a way that made the time fly by so fast. Reminded me a lot of drive and taxi driver

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So after 3 viewings...few more thoughts...

1. The two punches Arthur receives are both to the head and are both meaningful - the first punch trigger his psychotic aggression side (hence the ringing in his ears). The second punch, by Wayne, triggers a separate personality that allows him to truly embrace his illness and who he is.

2. The fridge scene - dunno why I didnt think on it before, but its clearly his safe place like when he was in the nuthouse. It has the same window in the front door as his room did in the flash black. Bright lights, 4 walls. Dunno it really symbolized...maybe nothing more than a safe place.

3. I'm starting to believe that Arthur is not the Joker we eventually see as Batmans nemesis. This movie is the origin story of Joker the idea, not the man. Arthur put things in motion...gave people the idea that someone like the Joker can exist. His need to be noticed resulted in the Wayne's death, Bruce being put on the Batman path, etc. But ultimately, hes not the Joker.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
So after 3 viewings...few more thoughts...

1. The two punches Arthur receives are both to the head and are both meaningful - the first punch trigger his psychotic aggression side (hence the ringing in his ears). The second punch, by Wayne, triggers a separate personality that allows him to truly embrace his illness and who he is.

2. The fridge scene - dunno why I didnt think on it before, but its clearly his safe place like when he was in the nuthouse. It has the same window in the front door as his room did in the flash black. Bright lights, 4 walls. Dunno it really symbolized...maybe nothing more than a safe place.

3. I'm starting to believe that Arthur is not the Joker we eventually see as Batmans nemesis. This movie is the origin story of Joker the idea, not the man. Arthur put things in motion...gave people the idea that someone like the Joker can exist. His need to be noticed resulted in the Wayne's death, Bruce being put on the Batman path, etc. But ultimately, hes not the Joker.
I'm buying into #3 too. And I'm thinking Ledgers performance vs Phoenixs helps this argument. They couldn't be more different. Like Ledger kept telling people he didn't have a plan that it was all just chaos but he proved to be anything but. He was always a step ahead and everything was planned. Phoenix was actually just chaos. And somehow a flowing developed. Polar opposite.

Could be why Ledger kept telling different origin stories about himself. To keep the enigma of the Joker.

Reactions: Mook

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
But those jokers aren't connected. I thought this this one was a standalone and only loosely based on the Killing Joke. Where he gives the idea that multiple choice was his best idea for his stories of his past.

But I agree, I think he isn't the joker. The director said we will never see this joker and batman together. But who knows what the studios says.

The director said he will reveal, at some point down the road, what they were thinking as to who this joker is when they were writing the story. Should be interesting to see how theories fit it.

I agree with mike and the punches as well. Makes sense and you posted. As well as the euphoric feeling he gets from the killing.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I got the fridge was his safe space. But was there a window in the front of the fridge door? I don't think I noticed that.

What home refrigerators had windows in them?

Was the door in his own cell? I don't recall.

When he was talking to the case worker he said he preferred to go back in the institution, correct? The institution is his safe place. This adds support to he never left the institution. In the made up reality the refrigerator is where he went as his safe space. The refrigerator in the story looks like the institution because it was also the surroundings he was accustomed to looking at.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
They could have been in that apartment a long time... Not really out of the realm of possibility that they had an old ass fridge... OR maybe the fridge is different because it's not set in our reality and they can do what they want.

Again, I don't believe everything was in his head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info