Movie John Wick 3

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
There have only been two John Wick movies (with a third on the way), but they’ve made it clear that there’s an infinite capacity for depth in the series’ increasingly weird assassin mythology. Some of that mythology will be explored in the Starz spin-off, but director Chad Stahelski says that he and series star Keanu Reeves have so many ideas for how to expand the movies that he’d be happy to spend the rest of his career making John Wick movies.
https://news.avclub.com/as-long-as-fans-keep-buying-tickets-the-john-wick-seri-1831241158

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
When all is said and done, I'll end up treating this series much like I did with The Matrix. An absolutely spectacular opening film that is an original concept and is built almost perfectly. Followed up by two ambitious sequels that fall short of lofty expectations. I'm not saying it'll be bad, but it's impossible to follow up on the first.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Counterpoint: I think the movies don't hold up over time, and are not that interesting.

First one is still fantastic, minus the dog dying. Second one is good but I dont have the urge to watch it like I do if the first one is on.

IMO, they should have stopped at one. Not that I don't like two, just it wasn't as good.

When all is said and done, I'll end up treating this series much like I did with The Matrix. An absolutely spectacular opening film that is an original concept and is built almost perfectly. Followed up by two ambitious sequels that fall short of lofty expectations. I'm not saying it'll be bad, but it's impossible to follow up on the first.

200w.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I loved #2 just as much as #1. That last Museum fight was awesome.

And the Tunnel shoot-out after the assassination is one hell of a sub-woofer workout.

Also, I bought the Score to the 2nd movie. I love "Plastic Heart", "Coronation", and "Presto Museum Battle" so much.

And the end credits song " Job To do" was so good. I was instantly brought back to Alice In Chains. But that makes sense considering Jerry Cantrell wrote it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info