NEW RIDE Jimbo's new DDD - Daily Dad Driver. V: 2019 VW Arteon SEL Premium R-Line

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Window shopping at its finest

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows u are window shopping and stroking

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Eyeballing a bunch of Rotiform wheels, thinking of going 20" next year Spring, and using the stockers as the winter set.

Rotiform LAS-R comes in silver or black

View attachment 128111

Rotiform TUF-R comes in silver or black

View attachment 128115
Damn baller. Custom spec wheels? I know Rotiform off the shelf forged wheels are heavy a lot of the time, not sure about their custom spec stuff. It seems silly but I can feel a difference when I put my summer set on that are 5# less per corner than OEM (and wider still).

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Here to make the FInP mad
Reaction score
Damn baller. Custom spec wheels? I know Rotiform off the shelf forged wheels are heavy a lot of the time, not sure about their custom spec stuff. It seems silly but I can feel a difference when I put my summer set on that are 5# less per corner than OEM (and wider still).
I can get the LAS-R’s at wholesale, the TUF-R’s would have to be ordered.

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Reaction score
Which I actually like that LAS-R more, so that’s a good thing. But would have to decide silver or black. Not sure I want to black out all the chrome trim, so maybe silver? I dunno…

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Black wheels are kind of pain in the ass to keep clean. Even with chrome trim I think you could do it. Not sure about the Arteon pads, but the GTI/R pads dust a lot. Either way you go I highly recommend doing Gtechniq C5 coating or similar on them. Cleanup is much easier.

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Reaction score
Black wheels are kind of pain in the ass to keep clean. Even with chrome trim I think you could do it. Not sure about the Arteon pads, but the GTI/R pads dust a lot. Either way you go I highly recommend doing Gtechniq C5 coating or similar on them. Cleanup is much easier.
Yeah, these suckers dust heavy, even when driving normally. I don’t want too open of a wheel, as then I’d be tempted to do a bigger brake kit - which pointed me towards these wheels. I just wish more cars had them, but seems most people went with APR’s wheels, which I’m indifferent on.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the APR wheels are fine, but I’m guessing they’re grossly overpriced. Konig flow formed are always my dollar to weight go to, but the Rotiforms make sense on something more svelte like an Arteon. Jokes aside, I listened to a podcast with Megan (insert last name) who’s the product designer for golf/Arteon and a lot of work went into that car, it’s not just an body tweaked Passat.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I like the look of many wheels until I find out how heavy they are. For me, a balance of design and lower weight is optimal if it's a vehicle I want to make a bit quicker and more enjoyable to drive.

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Reaction score
I like the look of many wheels until I find out how heavy they are. For me, a balance of design and lower weight is optimal if it's a vehicle I want to make a bit quicker and more enjoyable to drive.
Agreed. I’ll check out the weight on Monday compared to current.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Those LAS-R are apparently 31lbs (8.5" wide) and 33lbs (10" wide).

The TUF-R are even heavier:
32 .6lbs 8.5" wide, and 39.6 lbs 10.5" wide.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I want to like rotiforms but have yet to see some on a car that truly look good. Those are some weighty wheels

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Reaction score
Those are pretty substantial… 🤔 guess I should look at other things too.

Top Bottom