NEW RIDE Jimbo's new DDD - Daily Dad Driver. V: 2019 VW Arteon SEL Premium R-Line

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Here to make the FInP mad
Reaction score
Oh you're telling me about OBD11?

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO
Scared Chinese GIF by CW Kung Fu

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
So I bought the OBDEleven Pro dongle and downloaded the app. Backed up all the modules before changing anything and enabled a bunch of random and cool shit. Highly recommend to my fellow VAG's Mook Mook blue-sun blue-sun washer fluid, etc.

I changed a handful of stupid things: 30 ambient light colors, disable seatbelt warning chime, 5-flash turn signals instead of 3, refuel mile display at all times not just at low fuel, pulsing start button, all windows up or down (no matter your distance from the car) with the remote, audible lock/unlock beep, puddle lights when mirrors folded, steering wheel vibration for lane assist, and a few other things.

Will tackle the long coding another time to enable the high beams to do the cool Euro dazzle shit.
I wouldn't mind having something like that for my car and truck (Infiniti and Chevy, respectively). Haven't really found anything that's economical for a normal consumer.

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having something like that for my car and truck (Infiniti and Chevy, respectively). Haven't really found anything that's economical for a normal consumer.
Well worth the price of $149

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Reaction score
i saw one of these yesterday morning on the interstate, it was smaller than i expected kind of surprisingly.

View attachment 126494
It's svelte. But decent interior room, plus 40" of rear legroom. Having the hatch helps with fitting a bunch of useless random shit. Packed all of our crap for the zoo the other weekend nicely: jogger stroller, yeti cooler, collapsible red wagon, diaper bag, and whatever other random crap I already had in there. Haven't had to remove the parcel shelf yet, but it appears easy and will open up even more space, as needed.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I think we definitely have to have a matchup of our "Dad 4 Cylinder Turbo Pseudo Sport/Lux Hatches" now that I'm creating a new category for us. :LOL: I feel like you're gonna make me regret leaving VW (I've owned 8 VWs). Any Regal hatch/wagons or Audi Sportbacks also want in?
My JB4 is currently off, as I'm waiting for BMS's updated harness connectors. The generic clips they sent for their Beta version aren't staying plugged in well enough and unhook periodically. :cautious: So I might be fast one moment, and limp mode the next. LOL

TS
TS
Dr. Jimbo

Dr. Jimbo

Reaction score
My JB4 is currently off, as I'm waiting for BMS's updated harness connectors. The generic clips they sent for their Beta version aren't staying plugged in well enough and unhook periodically. :cautious: So I might be fast one moment, and limp mode the next. LOL
I’m still waiting for my CAI to arrive. They keep pushing the shipping date. So I haven’t installed any of the intake pipes yet.

But, I’ve been enjoying driving like a sane person and getting anywhere from 26-29mpg on my 8 mile stop-and-go drive into and from work.

greasy

draggin’ fools
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my CAI to arrive. They keep pushing the shipping date. So I haven’t installed any of the intake pipes yet.

But, I’ve been enjoying driving like a sane person and getting anywhere from 26-29mpg on my 8 mile stop-and-go drive into and from work.

Once you do I’m going to need 8 and the break…..MINIMUM

Top Bottom