Is GM really this stupid?

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Uh, the ecoboost will out tow Damn near every single v8 too... while getting better mileage. Lol

You gonna out tow this truck?
I don't see an ecoboost ford here ;)

Toyota-Tundra-Endeavour-pull-623x389.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
but yet the tundra is the one towing the GOD DAMN SPACE SHUTTLE!!! :dunno:

The saying, "Just because ya can, doesn't mean ya should", would apply here. I am sure Ford could do the same thing with their Ecoboosted F-150, but they have enough sense to realize that no one will ever tow a fucking space shuttle with their pickup truck, so why do it? Stupid publicity stunt is all that is. Hell, dudes pull jetliner airplanes of comparable size on those "Worlds Strongest Man" shows, so they must be just as strong as the Tundra, right?

For the record, if the shoe was on the other foot, and the F-150 was towing the shuttle, I would still think it a retarded ploy to gain business. No brand loyalty here.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I'm 110% that [MENTION=47]SRT41320[/MENTION] was being absolutely completely sarcastic. :rofl:

My comment wasn't directly aimed at him, or anyone else in this thread; but rather the idiotic advertising ploys that some car manufacturers use in order to dupe potential customers into a sale. Some dumb fuck redneck out there went out and bought a Tundra after seeing that picture, I guarantee it....not that I feel all that bad for said "dumb fuck redneck"....but ya catch my drift. ;)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My comment wasn't directly aimed at him, or anyone else in this thread; but rather the idiotic advertising ploys that some car manufacturers use in order to dupe potential customers into a sale.

but they ALL do it... chevys get beaten through motocross track looking mine fields... gmc's get picked up by their frames... toyotas pull space shuttles... fords get shit dumped in the bed... dodges make farmers... its all just marketing.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
but they ALL do it... chevys get beaten through motocross track looking mine fields... gmc's get picked up by their frames... toyotas pull space shuttles... fords get shit dumped in the bed... dodges make farmers... its all just marketing.

Tell us something we don't know, Captain Obvious. In this case, the Tundra was the example featured. Besides, dropping a whole bunch of shit into the bed of the truck is a bit more realistic with regards to the most likely use of the truck than pulling the space shuttle.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My comment wasn't directly aimed at him, or anyone else in this thread; but rather the idiotic advertising ploys that some car manufacturers use in order to dupe potential customers into a sale. Some dumb fuck redneck out there went out and bought a Tundra after seeing that picture, I guarantee it....not that I feel all that bad for said "dumb fuck redneck"....but ya catch my drift. ;)

Tell us something we don't know, Captain Obvious. In this case, the Tundra was the example featured. Besides, dropping a whole bunch of shit into the bed of the truck is a bit more realistic with regards to the most likely use of the truck than pulling the space shuttle.

lol i feel like you are angry and I have no idea why.

:rofl: I am so lost. you were the one complaining about toyota's marketing tactics of the tundra and how a dumb redneck bought the truck cuz it pulls the space shuttle... i mention how all manufacturers use "dumb" marketing tactics ... :rofl:

:drums:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info