I'm still I'm still Jenny from the block

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Dude..........................................what if................what if we tweeted this thread to Elon and he joined the site to reply. I'm being dead fucking serious. He seems open to commenting on shit like this.

Mike, I know you already secretly talk to him, make it happen. I dont have a Twitter nor do I understand how to properly use it.

Dude I don't even know the Twitters. Last time I tweeted was probably in 2016. He likes wacky engineering like this but there have been a lot of conversions like this and I don't think he's ever commented on any. It seems like you could pretty easily remove the driveshaft and power train and then get the entire battery sled up there. Since the truck is body on frame you'd have to mount it below that and just add mounting points to the frame. Either that or remove the battery modules and stack them in the engine compartment but then you need to figure out cooling since the battery pack is self contained with all the cooling channels. Adding the inverter and drive unit seems really easy. You just get custom axles for the truck and you'd be converting it to IRS too. The actual hardest part seems like it would be converting the AC and power steering over to electric.

Actually I take that back. AC would be a cinch. You could run the electric compressor from the Model S. Steering would be a wildcard. I believe the motor is located in the rack on the car.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Dude I don't even know the Twitters. Last time I tweeted was probably in 2016. He likes wacky engineering like this but there have been a lot of conversions like this and I don't think he's ever commented on any. It seems like you could pretty easily remove the driveshaft and power train and then get the entire battery sled up there. Since the truck is body on frame you'd have to mount it below that and just add mounting points to the frame. Either that or remove the battery modules and stack them in the engine compartment but then you need to figure out cooling since the battery pack is self contained with all the cooling channels. Adding the inverter and drive unit seems really easy. You just get custom axles for the truck and you'd be converting it to IRS too. The actual hardest part seems like it would be converting the AC and power steering over to electric.

Actually I take that back. AC would be a cinch. You could run the electric compressor from the Model S. Steering would be a wildcard. I believe the motor is located in the rack on the car.
Every watch vintage voltage out of UK? They have done some pretty awesome tesla motor conversions.

Have some cool builds shown off on facebook page.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Dude..........................................what if................what if we tweeted this thread to Elon and he joined the site to reply. I'm being dead fucking serious. He seems open to commenting on shit like this.

Mike, I know you already secretly talk to him, make it happen. I dont have a Twitter nor do I understand how to properly use it.

bruh, you @ the person and type out the tweet. Just like IG

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
bruh, you @ the person and type out the tweet. Just like IG
giphy.gif

Thread Info