I'm still I'm still Jenny from the block

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I jokingly used to tell myself that if I ever got out of the Hollywood Hills and had more room I'd buy an Excursion just because they're so cheap and I loved mine so much. Then I moved to a house in the suburbs and bought an i8 instead. But the move brought with it my girlfriend and her 13 year old daughter, leaving us without a car to accommodate us and the kids and forcing us to take two separate cars when we want to take all three kids somewhere. Around town that's not a big deal but if we want to go up to the mountains or somewhere a little further, it's not enjoyable. That and suburban life has brought with it many trips to the hardware store. So for fun, I started looking at Excursions and grabbed this guy. 185,000 miles. V10 engine. Really clean overall and it has a new suspension. It cost me $4500. We'll probably only put 1000 or so miles on it a year but it's one of those things that when you need it it's nice to have.

I looked up the engine weight on this. It's like 650lbs just for the engine. Probably another couple hundred pounds for the transmission and another couple hundred for the driveshaft and rear differential. I probably won't do anything now but since it's in such good shape I might consider tossing a Model S 85kwh powertrain in it. It would be kind of fun to see one of these behemoths all electric and I have to think that there's plenty of room for the batteries. In fact, you'd lower the center of gravity so much by removing that engine and replacing it with the battery sled that it would probably be really fun to drive. For now though, I just ordered the 2005 front end conversion and some LED headlights.

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
WHYUNO3ROWX5

I want one. They're so good but at that price it has to replace my girlfriend's Volt and I love her too much to exchange her reliable Volt for a 6 year old BMW. Plus she would have been like 5k upside down on the Volt and after tax that's exactly what this ended up costing. I could put another 50,000 miles on the Excursion and sell it for 5k as long as it's running.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
HOLD UP. I just read the rest of the post......................ELECTRIC???

giphy.gif

Hell yeah. Think about it. With the 85kwh battery pack it would probably do 0-60 in 7 or 8 seconds. So it would be much faster. It would have more torque, available instantly. It would be reliable. It would be silent and probably get 150 - 170 miles of range. Sounds like a trip to me.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Hell yeah. Think about it. With the 85kwh battery pack it would probably do 0-60 in 7 or 8 seconds. So it would be much faster. It would have more torque, available instantly. It would be reliable. It would be silent and probably get 150 - 170 miles of range. Sounds like a trip to me.
Can you imagine how many people you can mow down without them ever knowing you were coming? My god. THINK OF THE GOOD YOU COULD DO FOR CALIFORNIA!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I don't even know who to mow down. It would be so much confusion for people. This big, American truck with a Tesla drivetrain. It's like an enigma. Minds would melt.
Dude..........................................what if................what if we tweeted this thread to Elon and he joined the site to reply. I'm being dead fucking serious. He seems open to commenting on shit like this.

Mike, I know you already secretly talk to him, make it happen. I dont have a Twitter nor do I understand how to properly use it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Upside to these is that they're all rust free. 185,000 miles on it and it looks like new. The worst wear is a bit of fading on the hood I think I can bring back with a buff. The downside is that they're all RWD.

likely an upside in your case.

less shit to break, less weight, lower ride height.

fuck, can you lower it?

throw some rimz on it?

Thread Info