I need advice on parts

BoostedZ

BoostedZ
Reaction score
As you guys know I'm doing an LQ4 408 stroker build. What connecting rods, pushrods, and crankshaft should I buy for a 1,000+hp car and should I go with forged or billet? its going to be 75/25 (street/strip). Any input would be highly appreciated, thanks!

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Are you talking crank or wheel? I'd look at the dragon slayer cranks. My next setup will either be a 370 or 408 with that crank and probably some callies rods and wisco pistons. You can easily overbuild everything when you are playing with boost so if you are only intending on pushing 1000 crank hp then a 370 with stock crank and wisco pistons/eagle rods will get you there too and save quite a bit in the process. If you want the motor to potentially push more later then you should always have that in mind when piecing it together.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd be talking to your engine builder/shop on what they've had success with.

1996BlackBauer

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
Reaction score
I'd be talking to your engine builder/shop on what they've had success with.
I agree with this! Stop in, or call a good engine shop. Tell them what you are doing, and they will for sure help you out, they will not even show you what you need, but give you real reasons why you may or may not need it.

BoostedZ

BoostedZ
Reaction score
Do you have any recommendations on what machine shop I should go with?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom