I have a slight problem with my Dodge Charger rental car

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
depends how you want it installed.. I have no safety features removed...

but I have to do a process BEFORE I TURN OFF THE CAR.. to have it set for the next time.

come to a stop.. make sure in neutral.. foot on brake.. open door.. foot still on brake.. press remote start button... let foot off brake.. remove key.. put key in pocket.. close door.. car still running.. press lock button on key fob.... then press remote start button.. car turns off, doors are locked.

If after that, at any point, someone opens the door or even UNLOCKS the car, the remote start is disabled until the above procedure is done again.

no way to have car in gear when getting out of the vehicle.

:dunno:

Most (I thought all) manual cars have a neutral switch in the clutch that has to be defeated for remote starts to work.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
depends how you want it installed.. I have no safety features removed...

but I have to do a process BEFORE I TURN OFF THE CAR.. to have it set for the next time.

come to a stop.. make sure in neutral.. foot on brake.. open door.. foot still on brake.. press remote start button... let foot off brake.. remove key.. put key in pocket.. close door.. car still running.. press lock button on key fob.... then press remote start button.. car turns off, doors are locked.

If after that, at any point, someone opens the door or even UNLOCKS the car, the remote start is disabled until the above procedure is done again.

no way to have car in gear when getting out of the vehicle.

:dunno:

Most (I thought all) manual cars have a neutral switch in the clutch that has to be defeated for remote starts to work.

Same. Who's remote start is it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info