I have a 5.0/ten speed F150 currently whatcha wanna know?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It does a good burnout with the 3.73 gears, my dad thinks it rides a million times better than his 2500hd, it rides every bit that much better than my excursion but that was 17 years old too, my dads 2500 is a 2017

interesting.

i mean that 2500 and my 3500 should share similar underpinnings since the body change didn't affect the chassis of those trucks

i just know i hit some potholes/bumpy road/washboard shit in indiana last week that in my truck i can carry speed across and it's alright, and in the rental i was about to lose my teeth.

Is it faster than you expected or slower

it is quicker than i expected. i knew it'd go, but it's most surprising from a roll because it really has no shame in downshifting to like any gear at all

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
interesting.

i mean that 2500 and my 3500 should share similar underpinnings since the body change didn't affect the chassis of those trucks

i just know i hit some potholes/bumpy road/washboard shit in indiana last week that in my truck i can carry speed across and it's alright, and in the rental i was about to lose my teeth.

it is quicker than i expected. i knew it'd go, but it's most surprising from a roll because it really has no shame in downshifting to like any gear at all

Yeah I like how once it winds up it just stays at 5k until you let out

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I had a 2.7 Ecoboost F150 with the 10 speed as a dealer loaner for a couple days. It would break the rear end loose from a 30 mph roll in sport mode lol. Around town it felt stupid fast for what it is. On the highway the power fell off pretty quick. The auto trans has no problems downshifting from 8 to 3 to pass someone on the highway. It was surprisingly fun to drive.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My question is: has it made you a ferd fanboy?

I'm crazy impressed with the MPG in the new f150's. Especially with the 5.0 and 3.5EB. I expected the 2.7 to get great mpg, but not the other engine options

fack nah

i ain't nobody's fan boy

i buy used shit for as cheap as possible... wherever my money goes furthest is where i wind up.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I had a 2.7 Ecoboost F150 with the 10 speed as a dealer loaner for a couple days. It would break the rear end loose from a 30 mph roll in sport mode lol. Around town it felt stupid fast for what it is. On the highway the power fell off pretty quick. The auto trans has no problems downshifting from 8 to 3 to pass someone on the highway. It was surprisingly fun to drive.

Shit my dad's "old" (2016) 3.5EB/6R80 will do that too. It really surprises you :rofl:

I complain about the torque management that Ford dials into all their stuff, but the F150 is about the only one that I found that it is probably worthwhile for traction. The other Fusion Sports, SHO's, Flex EB's, it all felt more to keep the driveline together, whereas in the F150 it's more to keep the tires from roasting. From a roll, I don't think such torque management exists :rofl:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Also my dad's truck is probably pretty comparable to the truck KJ has, just a couple years older. He has the full center console and buckets though, which I think is key. Seats aren't uncomfortable, but they're about average. Interior materials are pretty trash, but about what I'd expect from an XL/XLT style truck. I will agree with ride quality, but then again it is a truck. Feels like it's bouncing around over rough pavement, rather than soaking up. The big show on these trucks is the interior space (seriously the backseat is gigantic) and the engine/trans'. I drove a 2.7T/6-speed truck, and really wasn't impressed. Got a lot of seat time in the 3.5/6-speed which is awesome aside from the terrible noise it makes. Never driven the 5.0 though, and thought I'd never want to, but I just might have to...

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
how fast are you typically going?

70-75 on 90 W coming home.
50-50 on lake street and 65-70 on 390 on the way to work.

short trips around here, even though the speed limit is 45-55, i'm closer to 19.5-20 mpgs

I was over 24 on the way home a couple weeks ago... was hoping to beat my best of 24.8

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info