I call shotgun!

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ok, how often do you crash into a completely solid structure is my beef.... I only want to see car vs car tests... Imo that's real world... Not a fucking anchor

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
All I got out of this was an ad for the Kia Sorento with superior passenger crash safety and superior rated front crash prevention system and good headlights.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Props to the Kia. The Explorer got ripped apart as did the Jeep.

However, as others have said, hitting a fortified solid concrete anchor is not a realistic example to test safety ratings. It can happen, of course, but, a more realistic test would be vehicle vs. vehicle or something similar.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
All offset crashes are going to rip a vehicle apart pretty good. I think Id rather take a hit head on. :dunno:

Ask Tesla about the cars that slam into T barriers on the interstate.

:io:

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Reaction score
Kind of hard for Ford and Jeep to design vehicles to do well on a test that didn't exist when they released them. Kia took this into account on their redesign since this generation came after this new test was implemented. Ford and Jeep will do well on their ratings as well with their redesigns that are coming soon, because they know safety sells.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Reaction score
Just looked it up..... the 2014 sorrento was iihc checked for the small overlap after the 2012 test was instituted, 12 and 13 were not tested. The 14 got a poor rating. Since the explorer is a 2010 and the Jeep is a 2011 draw your own conclusions.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ok, how often do you crash into a completely solid structure is my beef.... I only want to see car vs car tests... Imo that's real world... Not a fucking anchor
Telephone pole, tree, lamp pole, street signal pole, edge of K rail in poorly designed construction area...

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Telephone poles break all the time. Last year we had a crown Vic knock the bottom out of one out front. light poles are designed to shear off the base, street signal, about the same. K rail, not sure what that is, but if it's those cement barriers in temp contraction area I could see that too, but often gaurdrails crumble as designed to take the impact.

Trees are fucked solid for sure

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say that 7.5/10 wrecks will be with a moveable object

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah old telephone poles break, and newer street lights and light poles are designed to sheer, but they weren't always that way, and there are still legacy versions out there.

Immovable object accidents are definitely less common, I'll give you that, but they are common enough to test for.

And yeah, K rails are those temporary concrete dividers. Also called Jersey Barriers.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Telephone poles break all the time. Last year we had a crown Vic knock the bottom out of one out front. light poles are designed to shear off the base, street signal, about the same. K rail, not sure what that is, but if it's those cement barriers in temp contraction area I could see that too, but often gaurdrails crumble as designed to take the impact.

Trees are fucked solid for sure
There was a car that hit a pole right in front of my house a few years ago. pole moved 1 inch. car got FUCKED.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Trees and telephone poles aint no shit. They will laugh at humanity's feeble attempts to mow them down with vehicles.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty surprised how well the passenger cell of that car survived. The whole front is fucked, but look at the doors, windows, pillars. Completely undisturbed. I bet the driver/passenger were fine, aside from some side effects of the airbags/seat belts.
They came in sideways, so the car spun around at impact. Front bumper ended up 10ish feet away. Front tires slid in the grass a good 30 feet before impact.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Passenger had a busted nose or lip, lots of blood. Gave her a dark colored towel till ambo got there. Driver probably had broken ribs, dude couldn't breathe and kept holding his chest, but kept trying to smoke his Newport. 20140608_153953.jpg20140608_153956.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom