I call shotgun!

Kind of hard for Ford and Jeep to design vehicles to do well on a test that didn't exist when they released them. Kia took this into account on their redesign since this generation came after this new test was implemented. Ford and Jeep will do well on their ratings as well with their redesigns that are coming soon, because they know safety sells.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Telephone poles break all the time. Last year we had a crown Vic knock the bottom out of one out front. light poles are designed to shear off the base, street signal, about the same. K rail, not sure what that is, but if it's those cement barriers in temp contraction area I could see that too, but often gaurdrails crumble as designed to take the impact.

Trees are fucked solid for sure

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yeah old telephone poles break, and newer street lights and light poles are designed to sheer, but they weren't always that way, and there are still legacy versions out there.

Immovable object accidents are definitely less common, I'll give you that, but they are common enough to test for.

And yeah, K rails are those temporary concrete dividers. Also called Jersey Barriers.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Telephone poles break all the time. Last year we had a crown Vic knock the bottom out of one out front. light poles are designed to shear off the base, street signal, about the same. K rail, not sure what that is, but if it's those cement barriers in temp contraction area I could see that too, but often gaurdrails crumble as designed to take the impact.

Trees are fucked solid for sure

There was a car that hit a pole right in front of my house a few years ago. pole moved 1 inch. car got FUCKED.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Fucked 20140608_153756.jpg20140608_154948.jpg

Attachments

• 20140608_171957.jpg
    20140608_171957.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 104

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I'm actually pretty surprised how well the passenger cell of that car survived. The whole front is fucked, but look at the doors, windows, pillars. Completely undisturbed. I bet the driver/passenger were fine, aside from some side effects of the airbags/seat belts.

They came in sideways, so the car spun around at impact. Front bumper ended up 10ish feet away. Front tires slid in the grass a good 30 feet before impact.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info