How Forged Performance screwed a GTR owner out of $250,000

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
and man how much more do tbolt clamps cost shitty hose clamps the thing is covered in home depot hose clamps

Those look more like Vato Zone hose clamps opposed to Home Depot.

With screw up after screw up, I would have pulled the build so much sooner than that guy Todd did. Still, with the previous rep. they had, I really can't blame him for staying with them. The welds aren't bad, but for $250K, I would expect it to look polished...like there is a giant jewel under the hood. The last time I saw someone use that many washers was when I wrecked my fathers Chevy Celebrity Wagon and we shimmed the fender up about an inch and a half with washers-so it would line up correctly.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If I'm modifying a car worth that much I'm not taking it to Joe Blow's speed shop. These guys are fucking idiots.

No shit. With that much money invested, AMS themselves could have gotten that goal for him and then some. And probably treated him also to a months vacation in Hawaii while he waited for his car. What a moron. Car owners FAULT.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Who spends 250k on a car like this and doesn't just ship it to AMS with their goals? I mean, why would you even chance it? It's what, $800 to ship that car to AMS?

Hell, even if his original plan was to spend 50 - 80k... Ship it somewhere reputable. When you're spending top dollar you go to the best.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I don't want to rain on the AMS ball gargling in this thread, but there are actually other shops that can do fantastic GT-R builds.

I'm sure there are but find one of them then... When you're spending that kind of coin you don't sit there and let someone blow hot air to you about how great the car is going to be. Did Forged already have a flagship car that demonstrated their abilities? Were they well known in the GTR community for breaking records?

If they weren't then why chance it when you're spending this kind of cash? This isn't a pulley and an intercooler on a Grand Prix. It's an entire build... People that have that kind of money generally are familiar with the term due diligence. This gentleman unfortunately doesn't appear to have been. I feel bad for him nonetheless.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I'm sure there are but find one of them then... When you're spending that kind of coin you don't sit there and let someone blow hot air to you about how great the car is going to be. Did Forged already have a flagship car that demonstrated their abilities? Were they well known in the GTR community for breaking records?

If they weren't then why chance it when you're spending this kind of cash? This isn't a pulley and an intercooler on a Grand Prix. It's an entire build... People that have that kind of money generally are familiar with the term due diligence. This gentleman unfortunately doesn't appear to have been. I feel bad for him nonetheless.

Forged Performance GT-R Crushes previous Road Atlanta Track Record – Forged Performance News

I'm not here to defend FP, but we do only have one side of the story here and it's from a guy who obviously knows fuckall about modifying cars.

Forged has some pretty nice builds under their belt in the Z and GT-R communities, this wasn't one of them.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Oh, and the welds are NOT bad. They aren't amazing, and they could have ground down the bead a bit, but they are far from bad.

Ron Vogel welded my exhaust better in his garage on my $5K car. :rofl: If you spend big money, you want top quality. Thats what this guy was promised, yet did not receive.

I don't want to rain on the AMS ball gargling in this thread, but there are actually other shops that can do fantastic GT-R builds.

Your hommie at Forged is obviously not one of them. :hsughlol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info