How do you effin lose your 2yo?? This pisses me off!!

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
This happened pretty close to us in an unincorporated area. It REALLY aggravates the fucking piss out of me! Maybe it's just me, but how do you NOT pay attention to your DAMN child? Especially if you have a fucking pond close by?? I know there's a lot of parents here, just wanted to see if ya'll saw this on the news tonight and what ya'll thought? Poor baby boy needed
C-fucking-P-R!!

Child in pond rescue in critical condition - Aurora Beacon News

Reactions: GoldPanther

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
This happened pretty close to us in an unincorporated area. It REALLY aggravates the fucking piss out of me! Maybe it's just me, but how do you NOT pay attention to your DAMN child? Especially if you have a fucking pond close by?? I know there's a lot of parents here, just wanted to see if ya'll saw this on the news tonight and what ya'll thought? Poor baby boy needed
C-fucking-P-R!!

Child in pond rescue in critical condition - Aurora Beacon News

Your judgmental response to this article makes me curious as to whether you have children or not? My guess would be no.

Unless there was more to that article than I could see, I didn't see any details surrounding how the child got away from the parents. I didn't see any details whatsoever, actually. With that said, children can be really sneaky, and short of padlocking all of your doors and windows shut with only you having the key, kids can and probably will get away from you every now and then; even when being a vigilant parent.

My son is now 13 years old and, while he never pulled a disappearing act while growing up, I don't see it as having been an impossibility if he were an adventurous and sneaky kid. Sure, this is a terrible situation for the child and his family involved, but it doesn't seem like there are any details that would reasonably lead anyone to conclude that the incident was caused by any lack of parenting.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Probably just like they don't check the area the child plays for razor blades or other injury causing obstacles.

LOLZ It is obvious that you aren't a parent. Do you really expect parents to do a full perimeter check, like some sort of FBI agent, of all of the locations their kids ever play at? Sure, be aware of the surroundings that the kid plays in to minimize realistic threats, yeah, but expecting all parents to do full inspections like they are bomb-squad security is a ridiculous expectation.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
LOLZ It is obvious that you aren't a parent. Do you really expect parents to do a full perimeter check, like some sort of FBI agent, of all of the locations their kids ever play at? Sure, be aware of the surroundings that the kid plays in to minimize realistic threats, yeah, but expecting all parents to do full inspections like they are bomb-squad security is a ridiculous expectation.

Why even bother acknowledging his post?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I hope there are some circumstances regarding the child's escape from the house. I can't imagine my son escaping without us knowing. He doesn't have the strength to open any of the exterior doors. But once he can, I have some sensors I'm going to put over every exit door from the house that will chime when opened.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I hope there are some circumstances regarding the child's escape from the house. I can't imagine my son escaping without us knowing. He doesn't have the strength to open any of the exterior doors. But once he can, I have some sensors I'm going to put over every exit door from the house that will chime when opened.

I don't know. When I was a little tyke over 30 years ago, I was quite the little escape artist from what my older brother and mother told me; so I am basing some of what I say on previous experience. It happens. Luckily I fell asleep under a piece of wood by the house, but I could have just as easily walked to a more dangerous area. They were freaking out trying to find me after literally turning their heads for maybe 5 seconds; but that's all it took. Toddlers can find many tiny little places in which to hang out/hide in. They tore the entire house and neighborhood apart in the 2 hours I was missing, called friends to search, etc. Sometimes things like this happen, and you just hope you are lucky enough to find them quickly enough when it does. Most of the time it is no big deal, but sometimes people don't get as lucky.

chry*bmb

Apr 16, 2008
TN
First of all, I AM a parent, this us WHY I am so upset! I have 3 kids. Jr high and 2 little ones. So don't pass judgement until you know! Wouldn't it make SENSE why I am so upset? You can NOT turn you head or leave a 2yo. My 2yo? She gets into EVERYTHING and can climb into everything. No heights off limits to her. Doors and cabinets ALL locked. The middle one? Childproof locks just do not work. He knows how to open them. Let him watch you once, he'll repeat it. Kids are amazingly smart and if your child "that type," then watch out.

There are multiple articles out there. It's under investigation, but the point is, HOW and WHY was a 2 yo not attended to? Nuff said.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Even my dog managed to sneak out a few times on me. Once when sleeping on the couch and again wheni was working in the garage. One instance some passersby few blocks down tried chasing him and he ran home into the garage. I seen the guy Walking up like wtf are you doing and told him that's my dog. Other time I walked around the block yelling his name and he popped out from behind a house smelling like shit too.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Even my dog managed to sneak out a few times on me. Once when sleeping on the couch and again wheni was working in the garage. One instance some passersby few blocks down tried chasing him and he ran home into the garage. I seen the guy Walking up like wtf are you doing and told him that's my dog. Other time I walked around the block yelling his name and he popped out from behind a house smelling like shit too.

Did you leave him outside or a door open?

chry*bmb

Apr 16, 2008
TN
my son was a handfull to work with out in the garage when he was little always getting into everything, what ever the worst thing he could get into out there was, you could count on him finding it and doing something harmfull to him self with it

That's totally our kids :) Just so thankful they enjoy messin around on cars like we do!

Listen, I KNOW kids are sneaky. I know they bolt. My own are pretty much the same way! Very energetic and love to push those parental boundaries. Walking around the neighborhood or going to park is more stress inducing than just going to let them play. I don't feel safe until they are in my home. Kids are kids, but THIS incident just floors me and I can't fathom the thought of one of my little babies just "taking off" without my knowledge.

I also think it's great to hear all the other parents here that struggle/have fun with their own mini-me's! We should have a TCG waterpark day at Raging Raves !

chry*bmb

Apr 16, 2008
TN
Didn't read any responses.
When I was young enough to start comprehending anything, my mother put the fear of god into me about running off, leaving the yard, leaving her side....

Guess what, I did as she told me.

I am so lmao, I love this because my Mom same way. You DO NOT cross the Mother. Or the NaNa. Dad you can schmooze over, but Mom? When she was mad? Watch out...

:)

chry*bmb

Apr 16, 2008
TN
Sorry, I was merely following the precedent already started in this thread by you. I thought you would like that. :dunno: :bigthumb:

It's cool buddy :) I'm sorry to be so grrrr

This was just SO close and watching people with their children really pisses me off. Especially how they talk to them too. World is going to hell and the media always jacks shit up. That "area" over there? Not exactly too safe. Nobody is the perfect parent, but c'mon. You know?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info