3800 How bad am I doing?

SHKENBK

Regular
Aug 26, 2022
Central Texas
Real Name
Rob `
Dumbass kids on the 3800 marketplace page. I’ve gotten 6 offers at 14 or better. That last 1000 bucks is being a real bitch.

It doesn’t help every time I smoke a cigarette in the garage, I have to look at it. Such a pretty fucking car! Reminds me of this ex I had. Fun as hell to look at and ride but she pissed me off constantly!

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Dumbass kids on the 3800 marketplace page. I’ve gotten 6 offers at 14 or better. That last 1000 bucks is being a real bitch.

It doesn’t help every time I smoke a cigarette in the garage, I have to look at it. Such a pretty fucking car! Reminds me of this ex I had. Fun as hell to look at and ride but she pissed me off constantly!
This is the story of my life and exactly why I refuse to sell mine. It's cheaper and less headaches than another ex.

SHKENBK

Regular
Aug 26, 2022
Central Texas
Real Name
Rob `
I’m m giving you guys FIRST dibs and the best deals. Seriously. I am listing all this for sale. Tell me what you want and I’ll shoot you a price. There’s also HP tuners software with 2 credits brand new, plugs (103’s), 180 thermostat, and some other stuff. If someone handed me $2000 - they can have it all, including a 3” downpipe.

A593FE59-9C26-48D4-9728-F08733BDE06D.png

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Oh ya… been taking the car to shows. It’s awkward. I’m used to guys asking me questions. I see a few lookers, but they are passing by. No love for the 3800’s down here.

Oh… and why in the F does Drive have a 110mph Governor? It’ll bounce off 125 in OD. Stupid GM.

View attachment 133443

Not sure how I missed all this shenanigans, but damn. I have always wanted one of these, but could never justify the added premium the Monte Carlo had over a GTP at the time. I remember looking at cars before I bought my 00 GP GT, seeing super nice 97-03 Grand Prix GTP's for $6-8k and comparable Monte SS's (L36) were still fetching $10k+ :rofl:

Reactions: TurboTPI
I also just read thru this whole thread. Its sad to see someone so excited about a car/build loose the passion over some community BS or a shitty vendor experience. Ive been thru a couple 3800 cars/builds. I dont ever go on FB groups to ask advice. Worst idea ever. I built my own cars with alot of doubters. My Third Gen was a big one. "Turbocharging a TPI back in the mid/early 2000's was silly/stupid" Come to find out a mildly built TPI Firebird with a small turbo can run consistent mid 10's. The my Buick Regal 3800 car. VS cam, ported heads and turbo non-intercooled). Daily drove it year around, it ran 12.6 @117mph on street tires. It got totaled unfortunately, now I daily drive an 04 GP GTP with a custom cam and supporting mods. Still an m90 car currently. I do plan on putting my turbo setup off my regal on it eventually tho. I love these shit boxes, doesn't matter what anyone says. I hate to see you leave us, but I do support a Third Gen build hahaha

SHKENBK

Regular
Aug 26, 2022
Central Texas
Real Name
Rob `
I didn’t buy a third gen. I decided against it and purchased another classic. After such a disappointment I decided to go all out and bought a cranberry red 71 Chevelle SS 350 car. It’s beautiful and I couldn’t be happier as I love 70-72 Chevelles, especially the 70 and 71.

This car will be getting a few things but I don’t know if this board would be interested. I don’t miss the Intimidator. Not even a little. Later.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I didn’t buy a third gen. I decided against it and purchased another classic. After such a disappointment I decided to go all out and bought a cranberry red 71 Chevelle SS 350 car. It’s beautiful and I couldn’t be happier as I love 70-72 Chevelles, especially the 70 and 71.

This car will be getting a few things but I don’t know if this board would be interested. I don’t miss the Intimidator. Not even a little. Later.
This forum is interested in everything that has to do with cars, just post about it in the general build threads area so more people see it, a lot of the guys don’t look at the 3800 section

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Congrats on the car!!
This forum is interested in everything that has to do with cars, just post about it in the general build threads area so more people see it, a lot of the guys don’t look at the 3800 section
^^^THIS Post up a new build thread and fill us in on what you have going on.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

I've switched from Astro Vans to a 71 Lemans to an AMC Eagle. I think you're covered.

Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info