3800 HK's Turbo Regal update for 2027 season

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
a little update on this heap.

kevin needs to figure out if he wants the OE steering feel, the sport suspension 04 GS rack, or whether he liked the steering feel of the CompG/gxp part number rack (he did drive andy's old heap)

I have a core rack in the backyard core pile so he can walk away with minimal outlay (im sick of the drivers side seal leak)
we can swap on his moog inners (still in the boxes) and ill take the new racks for my jalopies.

ps pump I have, so he will have replaced every 145k oe part aside from the rear suspension.

so when he parks it in his new garage to become a dyno/sunshine queen...I never hear him bitch about an spot of oil.

it bad enough I hear Jbigs lament the tiny issues his nearly finished (dream car) and him needle me about ls swapping it cause its "easy"

im permanently fixing this weak link on the TR, we'll see what it dyno's and see how kevin enjoys it (cant wait for him to get that farmette with the pole barn)

I do have the 442 to worry about.

maybe Jbigs will pull the trigger on my truck, pretty sure im selling the 04 gtp clone now that the compG is getting the 5tp's old powertrain (the low mile xp/l32 is designated for the 442 (2 engines with the xp will let us run one file for both out of the gate)
the trans needs the 3rd sprag fixed but for now its getting a gtp bin without tapshift.

Compg will be new general purpose truck to replace silver.

tinker with cressy, since its demoded, its toss together mode...it may replace CompG if DD's old park ave lot lizard dies and my old man needs a new lot lizard.

a wagon would be handy.

silver car is for sale to someone handy, that wouldn't mind doing some of my bitch work around here.
mainly because im taking the good used trans I have to fix the silver cars weak trans...and cannibalizing it for parts to fix the compG and kevins trans

my buddy's boy has his permit and keeps looking at mitsu's so id like to keep him from making that mistake if I can.

his old mans a wrench and the trans is his problem now lol

I would like to work on my truck before I die.

/update

cliffs.
TR sucks
CompG moved, decisions made, making way for 442 time slot

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
raw

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
While it is down..... should get a bullet proof race engine built. Maybe some super flow heads to match. Never know when you may get a grudge race and need to insure all your horses are in check.

my new 04 Grand Prix compG is running good with the 97 GTP Drivetrain.
The low mile 04 cG Engine with xp cam is going into our 442. Two xp powerplants but are essentially identical will make the tuning much simpler right off the bat.
I have been looking at using the L 26 from my old silver Grand Prix to build a high compression stock short block power plant for the kanji so that I can use the junkyard hundred and $50 burn victim County engine from the 97 GTP in the Regal.
It looks like the regals engine will hold up for a while at 3 psi..... probably several years and hundreds of miles at the rate it's going.

We do have all the new parts for the transmission at this point.
and he did install The GXP steering rack.
2.25 lock to lock vs the oem 2.5.
finally installed the heat shield on the ps lines....no longer having a ps leak....priceless.

So far it's pretty much only the engine that is original equipment...almost a new car....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info