HK changes job to hairdresser with Audi purchase

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Did first non-cosmetic mod sat, deleted resonator, only the first one removed- one closest to the muffler. Naperville exhaust works hooked it up and did it on the cheap, beat the 034 res DIY delete kit thats still $179 plus tool rental and your time. Unfortunately the problem, and unique only to the TTs, is that these models have multiple resonators (THERE ARE THREE!) compared to the R and S3. There is no official explanation as to why the car has MORE than the others, but I started small and can continue to delete a la carte. Ive watched a ton of videos on the other MQB cars with res deletes, but with the extra ones, I think the middle will need to go too, it barely made a difference and thats with me actively listening. What i believe is the reason- is that the TT is geared differently than the other MQB cars, at 80mph I'm over 3k and the middle one is a serious resonator likely to cut down on drone. I've seen pics of the inside and it is not a nice direct flow-through like the one I deleted. Oh well, still beats a 1500-2k catback on a car that making the farts louded isn't my priority :)

TTS resonator removal 1-25-20.jpg

Reactions: IDAFC21 and DanJ

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Took some pics today around dinner when it was starting to drizzle. Insane the color difference when not in bright sunlight. Example pic I posted inspired me to do a few angles, I think the grill will make a big appearance change. Only thing will then be the aluminum trim/mirrors to wrap or keep.

D8287392-CB39-4511-A438-97278620A4C6.jpeg3A4F6B7D-1B78-48E3-BA0C-2B2D9DC902FA.jpeg306A960F-7602-4986-8244-049AF801B93C.jpeg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Such a great looking car! The grill will be a great difference for sure!
Thanks! I'm hoping it really completes the sport look, I think the car stock is more "luxury" mode than sporty

I've always liked these cars, it looks great. It has to be a blast in heavy traffic to get around people.
Thanks! It is quite nimble stock, had a trip to the Tail of the Dragon planned for this coming weekend to toss it around, but had to cancel for now :(

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Anyone with a VAG vehicle, I'd highly recommend turning off the soundaktor completely... what a difference it makes! Just started using the OBDeleven. Car is stock and makes noises I only though would be with mods added. Completely changed the driving experience and I only tested it out for a few minutes and a couple pulls.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
First off to address lol, from the pics, the car is not equipped with any "oh shit" handles and that’s my buddies dad hanging on to the roof on one run he was with me for

Car is a stock suspension TT-S with "mag ride", aka golf R/s3 but dimensionally shorter, Swapped from the rubberband 19s with summer tires (245/35/19 stock P-zeros) to 18s with all seasons (255/40/18 BFG G-Force Comp A/S)

Tail itself is MADE for small cars, miata, mr2, etc etc. I can't comment on larger sports cars, but the turns are tight and the road narrow. Not sure if my buddy I was with was gassing me up a little bit, but he said he felt more comfortable on the tail in my car than his manual 235i on coilovers and stock wheels/tires

I pushed the car HARD, turns, accel, decel, everything and it never gave me an ounce of trouble for the whole 11 miles multiple times, put the car in dynamic for all runs (all sport settings, suspension, trans, steering). First run was in sport trans mode and it kept being boggy going between 2-3, other runs I kept it in manual mode and most of the run 2nd is fine for 90% of it, but you wind it out quick on some of the long straights so would up to 3rd

Brakes did not fade on me and the tires never wavered how they responded, they got sloppy when pushed hard in some turns (can't blame the all seasons when hot), but I never felt they changed after the first few turns and were "hot". I measured pressure and only gained ~6psi over the whole run. I bring up tires because my last experience was in a rental awd Q60 sport with new cheapo nexens and they were TOAST (psi over 50 on DIC) within the first couple miles, it was insanely frustrating because the car was fun. I can't imagine how much fun this car will/would be on the 19s and summer tires.

The tail is something else and nothing even close to it in the area. We only do it a few times between the intensity of it and potential wear on the cars. The real deal is the rest of the whole area surrounding which is littered with amazing and beautiful roads through the wilderness that are just such a joy to drive at basically any speed. There are also a number of roads that don't get the same publicity as the tail, but offer up a very similar experience.

TL;DR- Small sporty cars are made for the Tail, thanks captain obvious- also tires can make or break your experience. Even if you only do the tail once and then explore the expanse of winding wilderness roads of the area, you won't be disappointed.

PS- from a ~40 roll, pretty much dead even with a manual M235i with a passenger stock vs stock, no dig races though

Thread Info