Higher end body shop in nw burbs?

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
Noticed the skyline has some hail dents on the hood and fenders, looking for a trustworthy place to take it to. Insurance will cover it, but would like a above average place to take care of it.

Thanks for your help.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Royal Coach in Bartlett. You’re going to hear that name a lot, they’re good and worth the ride.

Intel

Reaction score
A&L would be one of the other well known shop to do the work. Is the hood on those aluminum?

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I second A&L. They have done great work for me.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
A&l fixed my Subaru and the Honda. They’ve always had high end cars being worked on as well.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Royal Couch is a good shop. But be warned, most shops do not have painless dent guy in-house. When these hail storms come through, shops usually bring in guys from all over the midwest to help knock out all the work.

That being said, some times they have a local guy they normally use. If they said they have a local and he will be the one doing the work that might put your mind at ease.

Some of these guys seem like they can work miracles. I have seen dents with huge creases and they are not noticeable unless you are really looking for it in the right light.

Hood and fenders are aluminum
A lot of times they will not want to touch aluminum. When a new replacement part is available. But in a case where you just can't get a new one, they will probably tell you it is going to cost more than normal due to the amount of time aluminum panels will take. Having a good guy that has experience is where this will really benefit you. Aluminum is tough.

Hail damage sucks. Best of luck.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
A lot of times they will not want to touch aluminum. When a new replacement part is available. But in a case where you just can't get a new one, they will probably tell you it is going to cost more than normal due to the amount of time aluminum panels will take. Having a good guy that has experience is where this will really benefit you. Aluminum is tough.

Hail damage sucks. Best of luck.

This is my worry, all I can find are used fenders on eBay. Not too sure how the insurance company will handle it if they want to replace everything. I know it won’t be cheap.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
See if anyone knows of a paintless dent guy they can recommend. Maybe you can get a better deal when they aren't swamped. Plus they may be willing to put more time into them if they aren't rushed.

I know TCG members have recommended people in the past. I know [MENTION=7766]Chris91LX[/MENTION] had a guy that has done a lot of work for the mustang guys. He even comes to the mustang events and sells time slots to get work done when people are at the show. Maybe he can send you his contact info?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
See if anyone knows of a paintless dent guy they can recommend. Maybe you can get a better deal when they aren't swamped. Plus they may be willing to put more time into them if they aren't rushed.

I know TCG members have recommended people in the past. I know [MENTION=7766]Chris91LX[/MENTION] had a guy that has done a lot of work for the mustang guys. He even comes to the mustang events and sells time slots to get work done when people are at the show. Maybe he can send you his contact info?
There was another thread about PDR
Robo Dent came out and fixed my dads Durango 847-366-3289
and the guys shown in Chicago Auto Pro's older videos:

[email protected] 773-544-8271 [MENTION=4833]dennis[/MENTION]doesdents

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
yeah you're looking for a great pdr guy... not a good body shop in this case.

:iorun:

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is that what the insurance company would do? I mean I could use “one of their shops” and it’s guaranteed for life. Just not sure I trust their place to handle the car properly.

I’ve never had a claim for car repair before so this all new territory for me.

frank

Donating Member
Reaction score
I work in the body shop industry, most body shops have an outside dent company that does the repairs for them.

frank

Donating Member
Reaction score
Is that what the insurance company would do? I mean I could use “one of their shops” and it’s guaranteed for life. Just not sure I trust their place to handle the car properly.

Insurance companies tend to steer customers where they have best relationships with, I’m sure they wanted you to visit a one of the 100+ corporate ran shops here.

You as the consumer can take your car anywhere you choose and a independent shop will also honor a “guaranteed for life “ on the repair.

I hear this daily from independent shop owners.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score

yeah, more than likely.

jason05gt

Reaction score

I gotta guy...

Curtis

630-715-5262

He's done multiple cars and even crease lines on my Mustang. Vogz gave me his number years ago as he came highly recommended from Continental Audi.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Chris Wargacki, the guy who had the white AMS C6 years ago, is supposed to be a really good PDR guy. He owns Dent Solutions Plus. I haven't had any work done by him yet but plan to have a couple dents taken out of the T/A whenever it runs again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom