Higher end body shop in nw burbs?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Royal Couch is a good shop. But be warned, most shops do not have painless dent guy in-house. When these hail storms come through, shops usually bring in guys from all over the midwest to help knock out all the work.

That being said, some times they have a local guy they normally use. If they said they have a local and he will be the one doing the work that might put your mind at ease.

Some of these guys seem like they can work miracles. I have seen dents with huge creases and they are not noticeable unless you are really looking for it in the right light.

Hood and fenders are aluminum

A lot of times they will not want to touch aluminum. When a new replacement part is available. But in a case where you just can't get a new one, they will probably tell you it is going to cost more than normal due to the amount of time aluminum panels will take. Having a good guy that has experience is where this will really benefit you. Aluminum is tough.

Hail damage sucks. Best of luck.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
A lot of times they will not want to touch aluminum. When a new replacement part is available. But in a case where you just can't get a new one, they will probably tell you it is going to cost more than normal due to the amount of time aluminum panels will take. Having a good guy that has experience is where this will really benefit you. Aluminum is tough.

Hail damage sucks. Best of luck.

This is my worry, all I can find are used fenders on eBay. Not too sure how the insurance company will handle it if they want to replace everything. I know it wonā€™t be cheap.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
See if anyone knows of a paintless dent guy they can recommend. Maybe you can get a better deal when they aren't swamped. Plus they may be willing to put more time into them if they aren't rushed.

I know TCG members have recommended people in the past. I know [MENTION=7766]Chris91LX[/MENTION] had a guy that has done a lot of work for the mustang guys. He even comes to the mustang events and sells time slots to get work done when people are at the show. Maybe he can send you his contact info?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
See if anyone knows of a paintless dent guy they can recommend. Maybe you can get a better deal when they aren't swamped. Plus they may be willing to put more time into them if they aren't rushed.

I know TCG members have recommended people in the past. I know [MENTION=7766]Chris91LX[/MENTION] had a guy that has done a lot of work for the mustang guys. He even comes to the mustang events and sells time slots to get work done when people are at the show. Maybe he can send you his contact info?

There was another thread about PDR
Robo Dent came out and fixed my dads Durango 847-366-3289
and the guys shown in Chicago Auto Pro's older videos:

[email protected] 773-544-8271 [MENTION=4833]dennis[/MENTION]doesdents

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Is that what the insurance company would do? I mean I could use ā€œone of their shopsā€ and itā€™s guaranteed for life. Just not sure I trust their place to handle the car properly.

Iā€™ve never had a claim for car repair before so this all new territory for me.

Insurance companies tend to steer customers where they have best relationships with, Iā€™m sure they wanted you to visit a one of the 100+ corporate ran shops here.

You as the consumer can take your car anywhere you choose and a independent shop will also honor a ā€œguaranteed for life ā€œ on the repair.

I hear this daily from independent shop owners.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

I gotta guy...

Curtis

630-715-5262

He's done multiple cars and even crease lines on my Mustang. Vogz gave me his number years ago as he came highly recommended from Continental Audi.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info