• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Help me choose my next car

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
He is :rofl: my dad went to visit him at Motor Werks, the last time my dad was up here, but I haven't seen him in like a year. He did send me some Porsche calendar's though :fy:

Scott got some too :fy: good looking calendars

who's ben

He's a parts manager at Motor Werks, one of my girlfriend's dads good friends. In turn one of [MENTION=354]Primalzer[/MENTION]'s dads best friends, as my girlfriend's dad and Primalzer's dads are best friends.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
since you mentioned the infiniti I'm going to throw out a 335xi sedan. you can get a used one, slap a tune on it, run 12's in a car you can drive through a blizzard without changing a thing and have a comfortable ride with versatility. They also make a coupe

To one up that, the 535 is the same money and a bit bigger/ less boy racerish. A 2010 with the sport package and low miles should put you right around your budget or you can have mine for 30k!

For an overall every day car, I've yet to experience anything that matches the BMW's ability to be both docile and visceral depending on your requirements. I'd imagine the 3 series is the same way. Just make sure you get the full experience and get a RWD sport package. No iX.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Bru is right with the Infiniti. Run away from the G25. It’s a turd and doesn’t really give a big MPG advantage over the 3.7L VQ.

My wife has a G37X and loves it. Good gas mileage and good performance for the buck. We looked at 335xi’s and A4 2.0T’s also. Both are great cars, but my main concern was reliability over the period of ownership. In my previous experiences, German cars tend to require more maintenance after 60-75K miles. On the other hand, the VQ is literally bulletproof. The one thing that I do dislike about the G37 is the interior isn’t as nice as the competition. Infiniti uses a lot more hard plastics than Audi and BMW. Another thing that I would add is that the rear seats don’t fold down. It would be nice if the G had folding seats for carrying bigger objects.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I’ll throw another DD sedan into the mix. I had a Ford Fusion Titanium with the Ecoboost engine for a week down in Florida. I was really impressed with the car and the Ecoboost engine. The steering and suspension definitely have a European feel to it. You also get a lot of technology for the buck. The only thing is that it might not fit into your budget as I believe they are in the $30K range

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
So I drove a 2014 5.0 6spd today...and well, stick is a must because that shifter almost made me need a change of pants....and other than the feeling that the car is fucking massive (even though the interior feels cramped), I liked it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info