Help Me Build My Car

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
plus why install junk into the car to get it running when it would be pulled again to be built up...thats pointless. do it right the first time or dont do it at all

He has a reliable daily driver and a garage, he can drive it with an LT1, spray it, have some fun, learn how everything operates on it, pull it next winter and have it built up.

Even a crate LT1 I'm sure is fairly inexpensive compared to those stroker motors, but I'm just saying $500 to kinda get the basic outline of what you want to work with is money still well spent (Trans, Rear end, Positrac, and a big V-8)

*edit per Silents Post*

Didn't know it was running at all,

Go for the 383 and spray the hell out of it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
nothing will be installed. nothing at all til i have parts. i dont want to be pulling and rebuilding and deal with that.

i dont want it to be like ur honda dafinc :rofl: no offense

You confused me because on page one you said:

my only goal right now is to get it on the road. which i can this summer, and then get everything i need for the build and put it all in at once

thats why I recommended dumping a 9C1 drivetrain into it to have something to play with to get it on the road.

and no offense taken, I had all the parts, and the swap went smoothly, I spent my money on having the head rebuilt, and getting ARP head studs and name-brand parts *Ala AEM cam gear etc* so I 'did it all right the first time' with this engine head. The issue I have is with timing or a sensor, shit happens, life goes on.

the FIRST time I did a headswap with the non-vtec head the car was outa commession for like 3 months because of parts and shit, this headswap took 2 days (1 sat one weekend, and 1 sat the next weekend) because only 1 part was overlooked (Vtec solenoids aren't cross-compatible with other D-series engine heads, I had one off a D16Z6 not a D16Y8 and was told they were the same... which they arent)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
sorry i should fix that lol, i already have it driveable.... now i want it modded once and only once

No prob, Thats why the honda is done for now (The headswap and other supporting mods) aside from the transmission. I plan on picking up a spare engine and having it built for boost before the 2009 season, this season I just plan on cleaning the car up visually (Bondo and paint etc) and learning how to do it, and enjoy having a transmission geared for acceleration finally.

I remember watching a video of a cammed 383 recently, Sounded AMAZING, like a flat-out drag car, I'd go that route.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm just bustin' your balls... besides i know my sn doesnt show much about my heritage:wiggle:

You seem like a fairly GM oriented guy:

Any opinions on an black 87 montecarlo SS? (I Know this may sound hickish, but I LOVE the way the 87-88 carlos look, and wanted one forever despite my bad GM experiances)

Thats what I plan on buying in a few years to make a 1/4th monster with a 472 :tear:... but I don't wanna do that until I familiarize myself with body work this year so I can pickup a shell cheap and build it from the ground up like how silentd is doing.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
y not a junkyard LS1 and rebuild it with a blower?

th350
custom driveshaft
12bolt w/4.10s and detroit tru-trac
you will basically need to replace the entire suspension anyway, so y not just 4-link it with coilovers? u said moneys not an issue, so do it right!
skinnies and slicks
cowl hoods look badass on those gen camaros too

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
You seem like a fairly GM oriented guy:

Any opinions on an black 87 montecarlo SS? (I Know this may sound hickish, but I LOVE the way the 87-88 carlos look, and wanted one forever despite my bad GM experiances)

Thats what I plan on buying in a few years to make a 1/4th monster with a 472 :tear:... but I don't wanna do that until I familiarize myself with body work this year so I can pickup a shell cheap and build it from the ground up like how silentd is doing.

i honestly hate chevy engines and 99% of the cars (not including the ls1)

i'm a buick guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info