Help Me Build My Car

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
y not a junkyard LS1 and rebuild it with a blower?

th350
custom driveshaft
12bolt w/4.10s and detroit tru-trac
you will basically need to replace the entire suspension anyway, so y not just 4-link it with coilovers? u said moneys not an issue, so do it right!
skinnies and slicks
cowl hoods look badass on those gen camaros too

thats another idea, and yes i plan on going with a 3" cowl. i love those hoods on this body style.

and to uncllarry... blowing it up would be fun :D , u can rent a front trailer for like 40 -60 bucks, and hook it up to a truck if someone wants to tow it back to my house :D

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
well buick hasnt had anything good since 87....

the buick v6 has been in other gm cars since the 80's, hell their is a version that was used in land rovers.

the 3800 in my gtp is a buick engine...but lets get back on topic and not shit in someone elses thread.

feel free to start a new thread about your monte though

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
yea and it would only have 250K on it....

if your dead set on sticking with this car i would just do a 350 or 383 stroker with a built TH350 (lighter than 400). I'm sure if you rebuilt the stock 10-bolt (its a 7.5 right?) it would stand up to the power. new gears, new posi or ratcheting locker, larger axles and new bearings. i would also go with lighter suspension front and rear and your car would be set to go.

the 7.5 is shit..build it all you want. then it becomes an expensive pile of shit
get a 12 bolt

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Any opinions on an black 87 montecarlo SS? (I Know this may sound hickish, but I LOVE the way the 87-88 carlos look, and wanted one forever despite my bad GM experiances)

:biggthump: I had an 88 LS for my first car. I still miss that thing. I still keep an eye on the classifieds for one that just might pop up for the right price. problem is half of them are pieces of shit now, and the other half have 22+ inch rims fashioned to them that probably cost more than the whole car is worth :ugh:

And the occasional really nice one that I do find is usually out of my desired price range. But I would still love to own another one of those one day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info