YouTube Hellcat vs Demon dyno test

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Kind of car you either pay cash for, or finance if you can get a better rate than return on your cash...... with no fucks given about depreciation or length of term.

Yeah, sorry. It sold yesterday.... they do have a 2016 new white charger hellcat they will sell at an awesome discount i know though. I'm not sure if they are getting another Demon. I don't think so, but ...just order a widebody challenger hellcat there at invoice, pulley, tune, drag radials and you have the same thing for 30k less..... then keep the 30k in the bank for retirement. They both going to depreciate like a rock anyway. It is a Dodge after all... narrow body hellcat taking a beating now.

THIS!

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Starting to like this a lot in a wide body though.
c4a67771d7091bff85673d5c0f1500a3.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Seems to be the norm on a lot of cars. Happens all over the place if you google it. Maybe the extra growth of the tire at WOT? I know a dyno can eat up DR's as well.
It isn't the drag radial that is the issue. When guy that run slicks they will dyno on a drag radial. It has to do with rolling resistance. It is when people don't adjust tire pressure. Low air pressures increase rolling resistance and that can lead to low readings.

True story, I was helping a buddy with his NMRA drag radial car. We made some small changes after his last race and wanted to do some tuning. After a run it was off on power. Second run was the same. I noticed the tires looked low. They were from the last race. Aired them up and we picked up the power we were off. We are not talking 20-30 hp. It was closer to 100.

Think of pushing a car on flat tires. Way harder to push versus when it has proper air pressure. Same thing with the driveline turning the low pressure tires.

The dyno drum surface can tear up any tire. Especially if they spin on the drums. No doubt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info